Rear hatch interior knob

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creationblue

Reaction score
On my Westy there is a black knob on the inside of the rear hatch lock mechanism, it is knurled but just spins on the shaft, if I pull it then it comes off the shaft. I assume it is there to open the hatch from the inside but how?

I have one of these. I retro fitted it thinking it would be cool to be able to open the hatch from the inside.
Never used it. :)

My hatch doesn’t have the black knob, it’s a panel and has a small metal lever recessed in the door that you just pull and it opens the hatch.
It’s been brilliant on hot nights or waking up in the mornings.
Can’t remember if you can lock it from the inside, don’t think I was too worried at the time. It’s been a while since I slept in it to be fair.

OK a switch makes sense, I made a wooden panel years ago and cut round the knob, not allowing it to move side-to-side. Will investigate further with a modification (y)

OK a switch makes sense, I made a wooden panel years ago and cut round the knob, not allowing it to move side-to-side. Will investigate further with a modification (y)
Yeah, I had to recut my rear hatch panel with a triangular cutout to allow it to operate.

Latest posts