Rear quarter light catch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
The black knob is missing off the catch on my rear quarterlight in my 71 Westy.

Can anyone tell me if these are the same as the catches for the front windows and also if these can be replaced in situ or do I have to remove the full side window and quarterlight?

Don`t know is the answer but I did see some for sale recently , might have been on the latebay.com forum. Oh to have a memory, :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think he was saying they were the same. :mrgreen:

Have just pulled windows and quarter lights out of my 70 deluxe. The catch and the knob is one unit, you'll need to take the whole frame out to get to the bolt at the bottom to remove the glass and the surround. The catch is then riveted between the glass and the surround with two rivets. Ball ache but as I was replacing the seals all round made sense to do it.

Scoote said:
Have just pulled windows and quarter lights out of my 70 deluxe. The catch and the knob is one unit, you'll need to take the whole frame out to get to the bolt at the bottom to remove the glass and the surround. The catch is then riveted between the glass and the surround with two rivets. Ball ache but as I was replacing the seals all round made sense to do it.

Ah cheers, I feared that may be the case. I think I may just live with it for now 🤣

Latest posts