rear wheel alignment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squareweave

Reaction score
What are you guys doing for wheel alignments? My local shop doesnt think he can get his sensors on the back of my bus as its fairly low.

Any ideas would be great.

I don't think many people have the rear wheels aligned as 99% of places cannot set it correctly due to the adjustment method.

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk

I had this problem, after four years of searching periodically I found it just up the road, so no good for most of you.
A garage called The Rowfant garage dusted off the oldest bit of wheel alignment kit I've ever seen, two rods touching your rim an eye piece a old fashioned dial and mirrors, it only works if your rim aren't bent though, and at the front end it took a couple of goes because they don't get much practice with old tech steering to get my steering wheel straight. :)

As you just described ^^^ that`s what my mate Nick uses in his workshop, proper old school and dead quick if you know how to do it because you don`t need to get it on a lift or anything. Nick re checked mine after using two bits of string and the string was just as accurate, much later on I had it checked with some fancy laser guided twenty million quids worth and it told me one thing,, string don`t bend and it`s accurate :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Taint ard neeever,, :shock: :lol: :? :lol: :shock:

As you can see my camber is out as well as the wheel alignment, what can be done to sort both out? I've got a set of new rubber torsion bar doughnut things, and a set of new trailing arm rubbers, is this likely to help out at all?

Latest posts