Rear Wheel arches

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosytoes

Reaction score
Folks
Whats the difference with rear wheel arches? I have Sept' 70 UK bus and mine are flared, but ive seen very flat, straight ones. Are mine original?

sparkywig said:
Yours are right for a 1971 MY bus, this is when the rear arches changed.
Model years ran from August to July, so although yours was manufactured in September 1970, it's a 1971 MY.

Thanks again Sparky!
So if i was looking for a replacement panel it would be the same as a late bay's?

Kosytoes said:
sparkywig said:
Yours are right for a 1971 MY bus, this is when the rear arches changed.
Model years ran from August to July, so although yours was manufactured in September 1970, it's a 1971 MY.

Thanks again Sparky!
So if i was looking for a replacement panel it would be the same as a late bay's?

They did do two slightly diffrent arches on '71s, early in the model year, they were slightly more rounded, then they swaped to proper 'late' style arches. I can't see which yours are or remember what the change over date is, but I'm sure someone on here will know;)

They look like the later earlybay ones, the ones on my July 71 are the same. The late bay ones fit even though it still has small rear lights? VW swaped around a lot about this time because the crossovers have different ones again so three types of arch in 2 years.

Latest posts