Recommendations for seat repair and reupholstering

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimthebin

Reaction score
afternoon all

finally got my van back from a very long resto and now my front seats are letting it down, any recommendations for seat repair and reupholstering around the Middlesbrough area or anywhere close to the A1 corridor as do that run to Peterborough most weeks.

thanks in advance

JTB

Hey Jim, not 100% sure where they are (old age) but Delilah’s did a fine job on mine and still looks great several years down the line. They also did my Rusty Lee R&R bed and cards too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,oooop norrfff somewheres :mrgreen:

Not sure of your keep it stock look or change the whole concept to a modern update aims. I bought a couple of lovely caramel coloured seat covers from eBay (bargain at £90 plus postage the pair) which were basket weave new copies and made really well. You can get equivalent lighter beige tones here in the UK new too. Then inherent coir (not original horse hair) seat pad bases and backs off Just Kampers. Then? There is a YouTube video showing how to get the whole caboodle together with fitting from the spring base, protective padding for great long term considerations and onto covering completion. I’ve sat on my new look seats for a fair few weeks now. Solid and comfortable beyond belief and very much like they belong in a 1972. I have a thread on here. Welcome to look at results. Hope this helps. Good luck whatever your choice.

I also did mine myself, with the 'horsehair' padding from JK and seat covers from www.camperandcarinteriors.co.uk, the covers are very well made and I went for a modern red & white. The job is a bit of a knuckle scraper, reasonably simple though. I also used YouTube for reference, but it was fairly self-explanatory. My drivers seat is great, but the passenger needed some spring repairs/replacement which I didn't do and now it's a bit saggy in the middle, but still usable and not noticeable until you sit on it! Take a look on my resto thread - it was one of the first jobs I did.

ozziedog said:
Hey Jim, not 100% sure where they are (old age) but Delilah’s did a fine job on mine and still looks great several years down the line. They also did my Rusty Lee R&R bed and cards too.

Scotland?
How about "sweeny tod" on thelatebay?

Dub and Bubber said:
ozziedog said:

Scotland?

Oh yeah, Sweeny Tod gets some very good reports too, over on the LateBay :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, and he’s got a bay :mrgreen:

Dub and Bubber said:
ozziedog said:

Scotland?

Yeah we're up in Scotland but all out stuff goes out via courier all over the UK 👍

Latest posts