Red9 ez ride front beam conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vix66

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone on here run this system, it's the one where you take out the leaf springs put the rods in and adjustable coil overs on, pros and cons, cheers, vic

I run one, with R9 adjustable plates on the rear. Can't, in all honesty say there are any cons. I love mine and like the ride, only went for the 2 1/2 set so not radical. It has got rid of the corner wallow for sure and to my mine looks sex on a stick... It takes quite a big bump to rattle your fillings.

Running this on mine and have found it made a massive improvement to what was already on there bit of a bastard to fit though!
Cheers Shaun

I sort of run this type of setup... My front was lowered with a cut and turn on the beam but I jacked it back up about 2 inches with adjustable coilovers (had Gaz make a set to spec). So effectively the coilovers do most of the suspension work and the leaves start to pick up as compression increases.

It has transformed the ride. No crashiness and a far more modern feel so no cons! Removal of the leaves will mean that you are solely dependent on the coilovers but the effect should be mostly the same.

I've been running this set up on my bus for 5 years. Make sure the bolts are tightened up is my advice. The ride is great, so is the look. No complaints here

Latest posts