• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

RED9DESIGN wishbone front end (new lower price) SOLD!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Red 9 Bus RHD front wishbone suspension, it will fit split or bay(you will need to buy the steering column from red9 if its a split) , 6 inches of height adjustment. Cost me £2100 delivered, this is brand new still wrapped on the pallet. Jump the waiting list for this. Looking £1500 ono. I can arrange to have it palleted.

http://www.red9design.com/buswishbones.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

location Co.Antrim

Johnny said:
Red 9 Bus RHD front wishbone suspension, it will fit split or bay(you will need to buy the steering column from red9 if its a split) , 6 inches of height adjustment. Cost me £2100 delivered, this is brand new still wrapped on the pallet. Jump the waiting list for this. Looking £1500 ono. I can arrange to have it palleted.

http://www.red9design.com/buswishbones.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

location Co.Antrim

This is really tempting - sorry being not knowing too much about the setup - do they come with the shocks and springs etc? Do I need anything extra to swap out my front beam? Mine is a crossover with front discs and standard steel wheels.

Thanks

SkutterBob said:
Johnny said:

location Co.Antrim

This is really tempting - sorry being not knowing too much about the setup - do they come with the shocks and springs etc? Do I need anything extra to swap out my front beam? Mine is a crossover with front discs and standard steel wheels.

Thanks
Yep comes with shocks and springs(coilovers) nothing else needed apart from wheel bearings and hubs and discs and calipers off your old setup.

pkrboo said:
SkutterBob said:
Johnny said:

location Co.Antrim

Thanks
Yep comes with shocks and springs(coilovers) nothing else needed apart from wheel bearings and hubs and discs and calipers off your old setup.
How easy was it to fit? - Remember I am still a bit of a novice. Has it turned out as good as you hoped?

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

SkutterBob said:
pkrboo said:
SkutterBob said:

Thanks
How easy was it to fit? - Remember I am still a bit of a novice. Has it turned out as good as you hoped?

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk
Not fitted yet. I don't collect it until December.

It should be relatively simple because it is just a beam swap effectively.

A days work I reckon,maybe a weekend if you take it steady getting the old beam off etc.

£1500 is a bargain and a big saving

Not fitted yet. I don't collect it until December.

It should be relatively simple because it is just a beam swap effectively.

A days work I reckon,maybe a weekend if you take it steady getting the old beam off etc.

£1500 is a bargain and a big saving

Just read the blurb and it looks like you can't use early bay steel wheels with this beam, but I think I have late ones, as mine is a crossover and the wheels have a fuller face.

Yeah its the much earlier wheels that have a different profile on the inside of the rim. Your rims will be fine

they are latebay spindles as stock but you can with the correct bearing fit wide five, AFAIK

I fitted one of these to my 73 bay in the summer on my own and its a relatively straightforward job, just follow the instructions and make sure you have the base plate the correct way up. The flexi brake pipe mounts were in the way and needed chopping off but, there's new ones on the red9 beam anyway.

Yorkieman said:
I fitted one of these to my 73 bay in the summer on my own and its a relatively straightforward job, just follow the instructions and make sure you have the base plate the correct way up. The flexi brake pipe mounts were in the way and needed chopping off but, there's new ones on the red9 beam anyway.

And is it as good as you hoped?

lots of people asking me bottom line. Its £1500, postage is about £120 to the mainland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts