Refreshed Dormy interior

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay71

Reaction score
I have been giving my interior a freshen up over the past few evenings, could have chosen better weather...freezing!!! :) I used rolls of Fablon, I'm very pleased. Just got to repaint the edge trims cream now :)

Before:-

dfc71cb9.jpg

After:-

05f66070.jpg

4a713a33.jpg

its that good it took my a few views at the before and after to see what you had done.

Nice how you have aligned the grain on the door with the frame :mrgreen:

Cheers all, not bad for £50 ;-) as for the dog, once he hears the door open on the van he's in....he won't get out, doesn't want to miss a trip out :)

It's from Homebase. The colour I used is Japanese Elm, if you go on their website and search 'Fablon' it comes up with loads of different colours, £9.99 a roll, I used 5 rolls :)

Great job done well 8)

makes it look very inviting and warm :mrgreen:

Looks a tidy job.

How hard wearing is Fablon these days? My only experience of it was back in the 1970's when, after a while, it used to shrink back from the edges. Never used it since.

Also I am intrigued by your seat/bed. Why is it so high? How do you sit on it with the table in place?

That looks very good indeed :D Totally transformed your interior.... for the better in my opinion

Trikky2 said:
Looks a tidy job.

How hard wearing is Fablon these days? My only experience of it was back in the 1970's when, after a while, it used to shrink back from the edges. Never used it since.

Also I am intrigued by your seat/bed. Why is it so high? How do you sit on it with the table in place?

A mate of mine used Fablon in his late bay a few years ago, still looked fresh a few years on and didn't look to have shrunk...only time will tell with mine I suppose :) fingures crossed it won't shrink!!!

As for the seat/bed, the interior is out of a Dormobile with a pop top and the bed used to sit over the table but in a tin lid your nose was pretty much on the headlining. I swapped the bed for a 3/4 rock n roll from Bluebird so it sits lower when in the bed position but in the seat position it is higher than the original. The table slides on to the runner attached to the side unit and it then slides forward enough for you sit 2 adults nice and comfy :)

Latest posts