Removal of rear fender

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seVen

Reaction score
Hi. I try to remove rear bumper - befor paint. I first tried/thought it would be just to remove the bumper only - but do not reach the last nut...!Then I looked further back to see whether I should remove some brackets... but actually I got stuck.... When I tried Almighty Google... I got even more confused hence pics indicates same brackets as for front bumper (which was straight forward..). Does anyone have good link for how-to-remove-rear-bumper. Pic taken from rear-right

https://drive.google.com/a/vestbase.com/file/d/0B0qSej6Y__dXM3Bsem1keVluXzg/view?usp=drivesdk

It's because you've got a towbar on there, those bumper mounts you've got aren't standard. I imagine that if you fully remove the bolts & nuts on the top right (both sides of car) you should be able to swing the whole assembly down a bit to get at that bumper mounting bolt from above rather than below?

Thanks for hawkeye-tip. I hoped that was the reason for other design than seen on web. The plate with the bolts you are referring to - is welded onto some structure behind.... but I understand that I have to take/release of the towbar also then.... Just crawl down - and look for more bolts then.... 😎

Latest posts