Removing a stud

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
Going to replace my linkage with something different ;)

But I need to remove this stud;

P1030245.jpg

I just don't want to break anything, how easy/difficult are they to remove and will i also need to remove the fuel pump/distributor?

Cheers

Des

Go buy a set of stud extractors. The ones which look like a plug spanner. Your need the 8mm one to get that out. You may need to remove all the gubbins in front of it as it is quite crowded there. Be gentle if you snap it your have hell of a work up. May pay to put a bit of heat on the casing but TBH they do come out quite easy.

I can't tell 100% from the picture but isn't that stud part of the engine case? If it is you'll struggle to remove it using a stud extracter with the amount of thread showing and the lack of space available. What are you replacing the stud with? As over time you may develop a leak between the 2 halves of the engine case.

redwards said:
I can't tell 100% from the picture but isn't that stud part of the engine case? If it is you'll struggle to remove it using a stud extracter with the amount of thread showing and the lack of space available. What are you replacing the stud with? As over time you may develop a leak between the 2 halves of the engine case.

I'm replacing with a longer stud to mount my linkage to. There is quite a bit of thread showing so the 2 nut method might work.

Des

Latest posts