Removing mould from canvas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gar

Reaction score
Got my bus out of winter storage and noticed a few patches of black mouldy spots on the pop top canvas. Can anyone recommend something to get rid of the mould and prevent it getting worst. Something that can be sprayed on perhaps? Cheers

I've been looking into this recently. On canvas you should only use water according to various tent/ camping forums. I was looking for a non-bleach spray and noticed that Milton Anti Bacterial Surface Spray looked ideal for fungus/ mould.

http://www.boots.com/en/Milton-Anti-Bacterial-Surface-Spray-500ml_25426/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the reply from Milton:

"I have had a look at previous enquiries and there is an option re cleaning a canvas cover for a boat.
It states on there that Milton would discolour the product slightly but if you don’t mind this then it can be cleaned with Milton.
So that you do not damage the actual fabric you would need to make a solution of 100ml of Milton per every 2 litres of Cold Tap water.
You would then need to soak, I guess with mould you may also need to wipe or maybe a slight scrub with a cloth?
Once soaked and Mould is removed to your satisfaction you should then rinse thoroughly with Cold Tap water to ensure no Milton remains on the canvas cover."

Thanks for this. My only concern is that it could discolour the canvas which bothers me a bit. Maybe do a patch test first.

I had the same with my retro awning, I just brushed the black mould off with a hand brush. I then soaked it in soapy water and scrubbed the stubborn bits. Its not 100% but near damn it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Latest posts