Repair cuts rear corner.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dames

Reaction score
I have this rear clip to repair my bus, I wont be doing any welding myself but don't want to make life hard for who ever does do it! The clip was a bit of an impulse buy and I am not sure if it was money well spent as all I need is the bottom of each corner and on the belt line I have some rust where it meets the rear hatch. I would like to cut off what I need to make some space in my garage and to sell the rest on. Would the best repair be just cutting it across the middle of the rear lights this would be plenty for the corner repairs and then cutting the areas from the belt line. Or would a better repair be made from replacing all the metal from the vents down?

Just replace what needs doing if it's small local repairs, if the entire corner is fucked then replace it all.
Cut the roof off just above the beltline bulge and sell it separately.

Or you ask the person who's doing the welding what they'd prefer.

P.S. is the Volkswagen script for sale?

Thanks Sparky I thought small local repairs were the way to go but that was just my gut feeling and not based on any understanding. I don't know who will be doing the welding I keep putting off finding someone due to all the horror stories you hear I know good people are out there and only want to do this once! cutting where you said means I can fit the keeps part in the van and get some room back. Sorry script not for sale as I might be using the hatch, I have this one and one with window delete option to choose from and cant make up my mind. I do have a spare script that says stereotypetwo that I had made with the group buy I thought it was a good idea at the time :oops:

Defiantly only replace what you need. How much was that by the way? I need a rear end for my panel van if you change your mind and decide to sell;)

Nick-Rackham said:
engine lid for sale? interested if price is right! and rear hatch if you decide to sell!
Sorry Nick the engine lid is now on my van.

BrotherNumberOne said:
Defiantly only replace what you need. How much was that by the way? I need a rear end for my panel van if you change your mind and decide to sell;)
I cant remember what I paid for it mate it was quite a while ago. There is one on Ebay at the moment without the engine lid or hatch I think its from FBI.

Latest posts