Replacement battery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookie

Reaction score
Hi Guys my battery is on the way out, what is best battery for a standard 1600cc twinport engine in terms of size, amps and longlife reliability please?

Air cooled engines do not need a big battery to kick them over. I have one if these in my 1641 twinport, twin carbs and is fine.

From your local GSF dealer:

http://www.veewee.co.uk/index.php/parts/electrical/batteries/971aa0630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To really kick it over, maybe get a hot start relay kit. This will help with old ignition wiring

Euro car parts have a sale on batteries at the moment, I got a 075 for £38. However while it does fit in the battery tray it doesnt exactly fit in the indent in the tray as it's too long, can be clamped down though.
Also borrowed a battery conditioner from a mate and that appears to have completely revived and tested ok the old battery, might be worth a try first if you know someone that can lend you one?

Officially Beetles used to get the 063, and the type 2 got the 065. In reality they're interchangeable really, and most folks just fit whatever they can ;-)

Latest posts