Replacing Heater Lever.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herrmmy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 71 bay and the heater levers will need replacing as they've lost the knobs at the end and I have no idea what's what. Could anyone tell me which lever does what as when I drove it home all I got was cold air coming through. The upside I know is it's blowing air, but it's only cold. I'm not sure if it's me pulling down the wrong levers or it's something to do with the heat exhangers?

Anyway, what the best/easiest way to replace the levers? Thanks

Excellent thank you! Now I'm not sure the heater are working as the cold air blowing through was probably from the front vents!

Have you checked your heat exchanger flaps are connected and moving ?

As for the levers, if you look through the stereo hole you’ll see they’re connected by little white plastic grommets . Absolute knuckle grazing fiddly job but quite do able with patience, just push plastic grommets out of their slot then refit after new ones are in 🤙

Dave.P said:
Have you checked your heat exchanger flaps are connected and moving ?

No, I'll have a look today to see whether they are moving or not. I know what you mean about those grommets, what a pig they were! I only managed to break one, so will have to order another. Not a job I want to repeat for a while lol. Thanks for all the advice, it's much appreciated.

Looked underneath and it seems the heat exchanger flaps are not connected!

Latest posts