Returning to stock height

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pellwood

Reaction score
Hi, you probably think I'm a bit mad, but I am considering returning my (slightly) lowered bus to stock height.

It's lowered using front beam adjusters (professionally fitted) and I do like its stance but every time I go over even a small pothole in the road it bottoms out and I get a bang as it hits the bump stops. Which are now worn down to about 1cm.

Anyway what is the procedure for un-lowering?

Here is a pic (hopefully) showing my current ride height

43ad36cf1892a82f7c0345ecbe677fc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like the ride height, why not just get some updated shocks on there to help the ride and stop it bottoming out. Kyb gas a just

He he. I returned mine to nearly stock height too, much to the annoyance of many on here :)

I adjusted the beam as high as I could go (my adjuster actually fouled the gear linkage so it was limited. Then added coilover shocks (from T2D in my case) which popped it up to a nice height - not quite stock but close. And resulted in a comfy ride.

The back is case of laying with the splines - jus popped it back up one outer spline and the saggy beams made it too just below stock height. Comfort all round.

Cheers
Nick

71Westy said:
I adjusted the beam as high as I could go (my adjuster actually fouled the gear linkage so it was limited.

Nick
I had that problem to when i slightly lowered my van (when i had it), had to modify the gear linkage bar to clear the adjuster

Latest posts