Rocker covers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molbyj

Reaction score
Hi, just had my bus serviced and the mechanic said how my rocker covers aren't sealing properly as they are cheap after market ones with cheap springs (he's tried all sealing techniques, haha)

Is it worth getting original ones with springs or are there any good aftermarket ones?
This is for a 1.6 single port, if that makes a difference?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ross.

Can't beat OG style covers, had Empi bolt on's on my old engine and they leaked like fook! :shock:
I've just brought some TQ stock covers and springs from Cool Air for my big motor, were cheap too!

stock no sealant = no leaks :D

make sure the cork seals are quite fat and have a bit of give in them ..i pick mine up from dubfeeze or shows so you can see what your getting,if you order online you tend to get old rock hard ones which are useless as you want them to compress a little and make a seal between head and cover ........cover and head are to be spotless too hope this helps ;)

chris

K@rlos

What's TQ? Do you mean the painted black ones? I take it they have sealed ok?

Is it worth buying decent OG 2nd hand ones with new springs?

Ta, Ross

Top quality mate, they sell 2 of everything. Shit and top quality.

Yeah they seem ok, yeah if you can get some og cover that would be good just be sure there not bent so you get a good seal.

I have read somewhere recently (on here?) that og covers are designed specifically to aid cooling of the engine and that aftermarket versions may not be as efficient. If that is true, then that would be a good reason to go down the og route.

Latest posts