Roof lifting in high winds and at speed!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

Reaction score
My roof lifts a good 3 inches at the front when I drive at speed or in high winds. It makes my bus handle not so well also when this hapens. I've replaced the hold down toggles inside but it hasn't cured it.

Anyone else got this problem?? What's the solution??

I've got a ratchet strap going right round my van at the front for now holding down the roof but obviously it looks crap and I have a strap either in front or just behing my head also not great.

I've got some stainless steel adjustable clips that might be of use to you - I'll take a picture tomorrow and you can decide if you want them (just pay for postage?) - they're very similar to the original Devon ones on my bus, I'm going to upgrade to them when I refurb my pop-top.

J&M
;)

coming back from amsterdam on new years day it was very windy, the wind was getting in through the front as well and actuall poped the roof and broke all the tie downs, i got some duct tape and taped he from of the roof to the poptop so causing a seal and it was fine after that.

i am going to try get some rubber and create a seal to stop air coming int the front of the pop top.

hope that makes sense

Fraggle - can't find the clips I'm afraid, my wife says she remembers 'tidying' them when she cleaned out a drawer in the spare room!

Pretty sure they were made by this company though:

http://www.protex.com/

Sorry about that, let us know if you find some...

;)

Latest posts