• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rooflight/ vent for Danbury poptop roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69ragtop

Reaction score
I'm after the vent/ roof light for my 69 Danbury poptop fibreglass roof. It had a bit of Perspex cut and siliconed to it when I bought it . I just refurbished the roof and it would be nice to finish it off with the right one. If anyone knows where I can get one that would be great

As far as I know the Danbury roof never had roof light/vents as standard. I could be wrong but I have never seen one and mine certainly doesn't have one. Chances are the perspex in yours is someones mod. If you want to put a proper roof light in then I don't see it being a major problem, try here for ideas.

Thanks for the link bay tripper ,
When I bought her, she was a shell with a poptop roof. With the state of the the roof (pitted bars, no canvas and so on) I assumed the roof was original to the Danbury Vdub. The pop top fibreglass is moulded in such a way at the back with a rectangular upstanding, that it has a purpose built hole in the roof that whatever was on it was damaged and replaced with the Perspex on top to cover the hole. It would be interesting to know what roof it is. However thanks mate for the link. I will look to see if one fits

Post a pic up of your roof, we should be able to identify it for you.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

some danbury roofs did have pop up vents. Mine has one, at a guess it's probably 350mm x 250mm, with rounded corners, it's silver coloured. I'll try and remember to take some pictures tonight. I have no idea where you would get a replacement from though.

It would be quicker for me to email the pictures rather than photobucket, maybe pm me your email address..

al

Hi.
Wondering how locating the vent cover went?
Matt - I have a 68 Danbury and it also has the vent in the pop top but it has been sealed.
Wondering if you could flick me a copy of the pics of your vent.
If I have to I will get one made to copy.
Thanks.

Latest posts