Rubbish CV Boots Now Resolved

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickJ

Reaction score
Got under the camper to adjust the rear brakes this morning, this is what I found

This is what I found :evil: I only replaced them this time last year, these came from heritage but I've had the same issue with boots from jk, what's going on with these??
I'm going to try some meyle ones from machine7 and hopefully I'll get more than 12 months out of them.
Am I just unlucky or is this an annual job for other too :roll:

Just about to do this job myself, were the ones from Heritage Meyle as a lot of VWH stuff is actually Meyle I think they are partner companies or something similar? Hoping that I can get some that last longer than a year.

Just checked and they were meyle :roll: these were on the n/s the o/s ones aren't as bad and just showing some cracking but haven't split yet although I think I'll change all 4 .

Thought! Why do a lot of parts for vw campers seem like junk where as I could change the boots on my ford or volvo and they would last a life time. Same as fuel hoses etc

thejinx said:
Thought! Why do a lot of parts for vw campers seem like junk where as I could change the boots on my ford or volvo and they would last a life time. Same as fuel hoses etc

Well said, these boots have done around 2k miles that's all!!

Does anyone know who stocks the febi or tegufa ones as recommended by Dirty Harry ?

That's ridiculous. There's no excuse for this kind of service life.

There's still quite a lot of buses out there still on their original forty plus year old ones, including mine.

Totally agree with you Trikky but unfortunately this seems to be more common now.
Vwheritage are stocking Topran cv boots now has anyone used these ?

We have a variety of sources including a batch of Genuine we have just had in.

There was an issue with the rubber compound on some Meyle boots last year. The compound has now been changed.

Get in touch and I can help get yours swapped out Free Of Charge for you.

[email protected] 01444 251 270

Alex VW Heritage said:
We have a variety of sources including a batch of Genuine we have just had in.

There was an issue with the rubber compound on some Meyle boots last year. The compound has now been changed.

Get in touch and I can help get yours swapped out Free Of Charge for you.

[email protected] 01444 251 270

Wow! Now that is cool 8) Great customer service :) Nice one Alex :D

Hi Alex many thanks, top customer service, I didn't think I had any real comeback as I bought them last March although the bus was off the road till August and I'd had similar problem previously with boots from JK . I just thought these had become an annual consumable :roll: but you will certainly have my business in the future. Will call in the morning.
Cheers Nick. :D

It's not just CV boots that suffer from this. I fitted new ball joint boots to our bay early last year supplied by a well known company (not yours Alex). Took the bus for its MoT and this was seen

Yep - all four boots had split after just over a year :evil: It took me over six hours to fit the bloody boots and now I have to do it all over again. So are the suppliers going to pay me for my time - are they flook!!! If I had paid to have these fitted it would have cost at least £200 - so would they have paid that? Not likely they said. I haven't the time to take them to the small claims court but will someone else who has had the same problems with crap parts do that please? It would teach them a lesson - how many times have we seen total rubbish safety- critical parts supplied? Need I mention fuel hose, brake shoes made by 6 year olds in Taiwan, wheel cylinders that leak from day 1, etc etc?

I am effing angry about this and if it happens again may well stand outside their stall at Busfest with a placard - and it won't be a nice message!

I feel a bit better after this rant but there is a serious point here ;)

BJ1 said:
It's not just CV boots that suffer from this. I fitted new ball joint boots to our bay early last year supplied by a well known company (not yours Alex). Took the bus for its MoT and this was seen

Yep - all four boots had split after just over a year :evil: It took me over six hours to fit the bloody boots and now I have to do it all over again. So are the suppliers going to pay me for my time - are they flook!!! If I had paid to have these fitted it would have cost at least £200 - so would they have paid that? Not likely they said. I haven't the time to take them to the small claims court but will someone else who has had the same problems with crap parts do that please? It would teach them a lesson - how many times have we seen total rubbish safety- critical parts supplied? Need I mention fuel hose, brake shoes made by 6 year olds in Taiwan, wheel cylinders that leak from day 1, etc etc?

I am effing angry about this and if it happens again may well stand outside their stall at Busfest with a placard - and it won't be a nice message!

I feel a bit better after this rant but there is a serious point here ;)
hi I bought 4 cv boots from mega bug they lasted 7 months its been 4 hours of lying on a realy cold wet drive for me won't be going back there again cheers just needed to get that off my chest

Latest posts