Running Gear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leslie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if the experts among you could possibly tell me how much the track has been narrowed on this early bay, what wheels its running on (inc. size), how much it’s been lowered (from stock...) and perhaps even the beam type, despite the terrible picture?

Also, in your expert opinions how would one go about creating such a look (the dent’s and rust being the easy part)?

Please accept my apologies for the barrage of questions; it’s not a test I would simply like to replicate this on my own 69 bay.

Kind regards,
Leslie

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    59.7 KB
It's slammed! By how much? A lot...but unless you know the van/owner, it's difficult to tell from this pic on ths specs.

I'd reckon on a 4" narrowed beam and 2 spline turn at the rear. Tyre profile looks to be around 45. As for lowering method up front, adjusters and dropped spindles? (pure guess though)

leslie said:
Also, in your expert opinions how would one go about creating such a look (the dent’s and rust being the easy part)?

I would agree with veedubman on the lowering

What does your van look like at the moment? I'd hate to think your going to dent your van with a hammer to get this look :(

If you want the super low, then your best option is tubbing the arches. You can go super low and even lift the wheels up if on air :wink: All you need is about a 1 - 2 inch tub on each front arch and your off and rocking. Dont forget that this will raise your setas in the front up by 1 - 2 inches which is a bit to much if your tall 8)

Wow! Thank a lot people, especially VeeDubMan, you’ve given me some wicked ideas! Oh by the way, my Bus has had a 'rushed restor' (previous-owner) so I suspect the dents and rust will show through anytime soon.

Latest posts