Running issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shavey

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just swapped out my dynamo for an alternator, part of the bundle kit also included a fuel pump and fuel push rod. Therefore, I had also swapped out the fuel pump and used the fuel rod provided with the kit (it was slightly shorter than the one I had with the original fuel pump.

I had to remove the carb to get the dynamo out. Everything was put back in place and she started first time. I then tested the battery with a volt meter and then tested the voltage from the alternator with engine running, all seemed okay and alternator was charging battery fine.

Tools packed away and I thought of going on a small trip to ensure all was well. Unfortunately I never got of the drive, she just cut out.

She will start after a while, but will stall again after running for a few mins.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Because you have disturbed the fuel lines and carb - first thing I would check - the fuel pump - makes sure its delivering plenty of fuel. If that checks out ok then maybe some dirt or fragment of fuel pipe broke away and is lodged in the carb or in the float needle valve.

Latest posts