Sacramento,Ca and NorCal Bay Bus owners gather here

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Woodslat,
Are you the same guy that runs NorCal Relics?

If so sorry I never got back to you about that bus ignition.
The 69 panel I bought came with an extra ignition setup in the Glovebox. I meant to email you but forgot.

Anyways good score on the bus's did not realize you were going back for the rest of them.

Johnny said:
earlybay.com California Chapter?

sounds like a good idea :D

I think this thread is worthy of a sticky at least, sound like a good bunch of guys with some cool busses :mrgreen:

By the way Woodslat, pardon my ignorance but what are masonite panels :roll:

wibbler said:
Johnny said:

I think this thread is worthy of a sticky at least, sound like a good bunch of guys with some cool busses :mrgreen:

seems like a good idea :idea:

Hardboard (Masonite Type) Panels:
An inexpensive 1/8" thick panel with a smooth finish on both sides. Can be gessoed and used for painting or as a mixing panels. Great for encaustic and casein work.

TheBusDriver said:
Hey Woodslat,
Are you the same guy that runs NorCal Relics?

If so sorry I never got back to you about that bus ignition.
The 69 panel I bought came with an extra ignition setup in the Glovebox. I meant to email you but forgot.

Anyways good score on the bus's did not realize you were going back for the rest of them.
No worries, the 71 panel is $1000...

wibbler said:
Johnny said:

I think you guys call it fibreboard?!! The original Kombi panels were dark grey in the splits, and light gray in the bays....

woodslat said:
Johnny said:

I like it!

I Like the idea to.

But I am not sure how many people would really participate.
There was a short lived Bus gathering going awhile back Called SacBus Club
It was open to all years of bus's but it never really took off.

Not to mention Bay windows are not nearly as popular here as they are on your side of the pond.

I do plan on getting some EarlyBay.com stickers made for my self and anyone else in Sac that would like some.
That is if everyone on here is OK with that.

TheBusDriver said:
I do plan on getting some EarlyBay.com stickers made for my self and anyone else in Sac that would like some.
That is if everyone on here is OK with that.

Probably better if you order them here....

http://www.ubercoolshop.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=earlybay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We can do a bulk order maybe, save on shipping?!?

If that money is going to the forum or something then that's cool. I would not want to take anything away from them and would gladly go in on a bulk order,
But if we are just paying some company for them.
I can get the same script style stickers made for free. and would not be charging anyone for them.

Uber isnt some company as such, its a small home business venture his missus ;) set up, and rather than commission basis on the stickers bought he pays for a banner, the quality of his work is good and cost is cheap, no doubt a word in his shell like could get you a deal, very nice man and active Earlybayer.... that said free stickers would be tempting :lol:

TheBusDriver said:
Good enough. I will make sure to only get my stickers thru Uber.
Went by Jasons shop and saw your panel today. It looks like it hasnt moved since the last time i saw it. You need to go kick start him to get it welded up. The 58 dd panel that he replaced the roof on is mine. Dont know if you are missing any parts for it but there is a 70 bus at the rocklin pick n pull.

No I was lagging on getting jason the replacement metal for the panel. I just cut most of what I needed from a donor bus and got it back from the sand blasters yesterday. I will take it to jason tonight hopefully.

I was hoping to drive to bugorama but it does not look like that will be happening

Thanks for the heads up on the rocklin pick and pull. I will be heading out there to take a look.

hey u all,the 70 bus in Rocklin pic-n-pull still has a few good pieces,the front bumper is missing the drivers side step but otherwise very straight,i removed it,, its now at the cashier's area,the manager would not go down on the price,someone may have better luck.the nose is very straight even with the spare tire mount,the windshield lower area has some rot, but i've seen worse,and have fixed worse.the right corner including the battery box was in fantastic shape so i cut it off(paid more than expected to pay but i needed it). TENCH UT!!!!!!!! The order of the day, is to drive your bay :mrgreen:

pecton said:
hey u all,the 70 bus in Rocklin pic-n-pull still has a few good pieces,the front bumper is missing the drivers side step but otherwise very straight,i removed it,, its now at the cashier's area,the manager would not go down on the price,someone may have better luck.the nose is very straight even with the spare tire mount,the windshield lower area has some rot, but i've seen worse,and have fixed worse.the right corner including the battery box was in fantastic shape so i cut it off(paid more than expected to pay but i needed it). TENCH UT!!!!!!!! The order of the day, is to drive your bay :mrgreen:

there is a 71 poptop at the sunrise pick n pull. some usable stuff left and the front bumper is now inside the top of the 70 at rocklin. the camping interior is gone from the 71 as i think TheBusDriver got it after i pm'd him about it last friday when the bus was first put out in the yard :mrgreen:

Yes I got all the camping gear for $80 and tons of other little stuff.
The front bumper was there today When I grabbed the ignition housing and chrome piece around the front fresh air grill.

Thanks again.

was reading a cool thread about US buses than realised your talking about me :shock:

As Araon says the sticker price is to cover what I pay to advertise on this site and as such this advertising keeps this forum running.

But could do you a discount for a bulk order and US postage.

TheBusDriver said:
If that money is going to the forum or something then that's cool. I would not want to take anything away from them and would gladly go in on a bulk order,
But if we are just paying some company for them.
I can get the same script style stickers made for free. and would not be charging anyone for them.

Latest posts