seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisby

Reaction score
Who sells the best , window / body rubber seals , ones with preformed corners :? . preferably not JK . :wink:

are JK poor quality or something?

....you have me worried :shock: as i just bought 2 complete cab door kits, seals and all :?

As long as they are not repro seals you should be fine. Repros are s**t and dont fit well at all.

Send the JK back if you have purchased the two set deal as the main door seal is missing one preformed corner and the water pi**** in, try heritage or schofields

ianscooby said:
Send the JK back if you have purchased the two set deal as the main door seal is missing one preformed corner and the water pi**** in, try heritage or schofields

I have changed every rubber on my '68 and found the best quality to be Status VW, they only stock genuine german seals. The only german ones they couldn't do were the cab doors which were genuine VW from Brazil and were still a good fit.

I agree with WHS ^^^^^^

Got all of mine from there aswell, perfect fit :wink:

Thanks all for the replies , I find it a bit of a minefield with the different wording that the companies use , ie german, original,brazillian,repro etc. Anyone been through a couple of winters without any leaks .Been caught before with my old spit , buying from USA .Cheap but leaks. :? :)

Got mine from schofields and heritage genuine German, went on a treat and have never leaked :D

Heres my experience with door seals......

I got a left hand cab door seal from justkampers....it was cheap. It was covered in white dusty chalk, made from really crappy sponge-like rubber, was too big and had to be cut to "fit". It was missing some of the pre-formed right angle corners and the profile of the rubber was generally very roughly cut out. In short, it was total rubbish.

Today I received a right hand cab door seal and sliding door seal, this time from VW Heritage. The difference is very obvious. No dusty chalk, the rubber is very good quality, actually feels like rubber rather than sponge! It has all of the pre-formed corners, joins were neatly made and the profile is cleanly cut with no "dangly bits" hanging off. In short, they are excellent.

VW Heritage will get my custom again. Plus, VERY speedy delivery to Ireland.

When I bought my bus it had a new set of cheap rubbers from JK fitted, the doors wouldnt shut properly and the drivers side leaked, bought German ones from C&C and they are spot on, thats not to say I havn't had good deals from JK, I just guess that different firms use different suppliers for different things, thats where this forum comes in handy for finding out where to go for what.

cheap seals are a pain in the arse, and a false economy, they fit crap and cause headaches with leaks etc

best to get good quality german seals as mention

i got my door seals from KK, expensive, but top quality

The other week we tried to change a windscreen rubber on my mates '70 Bay, he had got a JK repro one, it wouldn't fit. He went and got a genuine one and the windscreen went in, in under 5 minutes. There is a moral there somewhere.

Latest posts