Seat belt repair - viable ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow-lane-Matt

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's not an easy fix to fix a seatbelt, the ratchet is broken so can't pull seatbeat out...

Does anyone have one for a sale - ideally white for passenger (UK) side (left)

Many Thanks

Is it definitely broken, as some seatbelts have to oriented / have to have some dials turned so that they’re perfectly horizontal / vertical in order for the ratchet to release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you had one side jacked up recently? A bit like when you’re going around a roundabout, they lock up too. If you think it was In perfect order , I’d try just tapping it with something clunky, just the once. Or unbolt it and try turning over then refit it but make sure it’s level, any more than that, I just wouldn’t want to get involved, If it’s original and toast, just get a new one ^^^ as said above, it’s all about safety versus a few quid, and safety should always win. I’m not a huge fan of these older style seat belts especially the Securon types, they seem to get progressively tighter as you drive along sometimes. On my list of things to do is sorting out all my belts and I think I’ll go with that American outfit called seatbelt planet as they make custom belts, any style any colour any length and they might be your top hope here if you need a specific colour or style but new.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, to do list number eighty three :mrgreen:

Latest posts