Seat brackets

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice71

Reaction score
I have managed to purchase 2 original cab seats to go in our camper. We removed the non original not long after we started our restoration.

There are no brackets with the seats and after a little research I am no further forward as to how the seats are integrated.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Baz

So, the driver's side seat is pretty rigid, in that the back is locked into position in relation to the base, and runs on two runners welded to the seat tub. These seats move back and forth much as a modern car's- if you google "early bay seat runners" you'll see the parts in question, and cuts can be picked up pretty easily from places like FBI Swansea if yours have been cut out.
The passenger's side is technically adjustable, but only in two positions about 1" apart, so it's a complete waste of time adjusting them. They have two little L-shaped brackets on the seat tub with a couple of recesses each (these are available new, or they're easy to make if you need- I have plans). The base of the seat sits in those and the squab has a little hook that slots into a loop on the firewall behind the seat. You hook the back in, hook the base in, and push down to lock it into place.

Thanks for you info could you send me a picture of these L-shaped brackets please and i could make them.

Thanks

Of course!

Here's the link, they're stored as a PDF on my onedrive (photobucket etc isn't great for drawing resolution)

http://1drv.ms/1HrrMvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a picture of those two brackets installed:

BAYSEAT2.jpg

The inner bracket was bolted on for commonality or datum/tolerancing purposes as standard, you can use bolts on both if you like.

Here's a picture of the underside of the seat with the posts for the hooks circled:

image2993.png

Unfortunately you'll have to find the hook (bulkhead part) detail yourself- I haven't done anything with that.

Hope this helps

Si

Im going to have a go at making these and il see how a get on thanks again.

Regards

Here you go... http://www.buttysbits.com/seat-mounts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8819978.jpg

Latest posts