seats back from the trimmers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
yay,thought I'd share my excitement as I collected my seats from Traffic Trim today http://www.traffictrim.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I found this guy as a trader on volkszone & I can whole heartedly recommend him.The service & quality of his work is excellent. The whole Dormobile interior has been recovered & with Trikky2's help,I've had the extra bed pieces made up.

We went for fluted coral red vinyl with linen coloured piping. Doris is Lotus white with a red/white candy stripe roof canvas you see ;) The door cards have this central fluted panel carried through them,I've just shown the slider but the rest are the same...

I had an assistant to check that they are comfortable :D anyway here is the result.....

Dorisfrontbuddyseatsreupholstered.jpg

Dorisfrontseatsreupholstered2.jpg

Dorisrockrollrearseatreupholstered.jpg

Dorisbuddyseatreupholsteredundernea.jpg

Dorisdoorcardreupholstered.jpg

Dormobileextrabedrearreupholstered.jpg

Dormobilecookerseatreupholstered1.jpg

WOW :shock:

Like WOW :shock:

They look fantastic - will look soo nice in the van - well done sir ;)

Very nice! Whats going on with the seat in the last pic? Is it a hidden cubby hole in the back? Not resorting to a little import/export of certain subtances to pay for the retrim? :lol:

ProfessorWheeto said:
Very nice! Whats going on with the seat in the last pic? Is it a hidden cubby hole in the back? Not resorting to a little import/export of certain subtances to pay for the retrim? :lol:

its for my Jamaican old hoburn :msn4: Its a Dormobile front seat.folds out to become part of the cooker.

Thanks chaps!

they really look faultless im sure youre very happy with the result, when can we see them fitted? 8)

Johnny said:
they really look faultless im sure youre very happy with the result, when can we see them fitted? 8)

Thanks for the comments guys - I'm so glad I had it done pro,they are mint!

As for when we can see them in situ,well nobody wants that more than me,its been under the knife for a year now.The lad who's restoring her is, to be polite,sooo laid back - still waiting for pics from months ago!! :roll: I visit & put in a bit of graft as often as I can.The body is bare metalled now,still the dog legs to cut out & weld in rust free cuts from FBI. He's half way into fitting the front panel, then the lead loading,prep & paintwork.

how long is a peice of string?

Cheers - Rob

They look great :D

I spoke to Tim a few months ago about trimming mine - that has really helped with my decision.

Have you any pictures of the door cards for the front doors?

The standard panels are from Custom & Commercial,Tim felt these were the best,the bespoke Dormobile ones are very thin ply.
Its getting a bit dark in the garden now but there you go Matt.....

Dorisfrontdoorpanelreupholstered.jpg

Latest posts