Sebastian2a with BettyJane, deluxe 1971

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SebastianT2a

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Sebastian an I´m from Regensburg (GER) and I think it´s time to say "Hello" on EarlyBay! You got amazing rides, pretty cool!

So here is mine, its a 1971 T2a deluxe, imported from sunny California ... I´m owning it
for about two years now and hat a lot to do getting it ready for TÃœV (MOT) and of course the historical plate.
My Van is named Betty Jane because the previous owner was Betty Jane Fernandez!
Here are some pics how she looked like when I bought her:
bus1-3.jpg

bus1-23.jpg

bus1-10.jpg

The interior I had made by myself and it has everything I need: a cooker, water and of course a bed! And about four month later I finally had my plates and the fun started! Aren´t the curtains and the pillows cute? My girlfriend and her sister were responsible for those!
P1150683.jpg

P1140702.jpg

P1140708.jpg

P1140554.jpg

At the moment (winter-project!) the frontwindow-frame is to be done … not cool when you are driving in the rain and you get wet feet! And to be honest: the spare wheel doesn´t look very tight! So I dismantled the front-window and now Betty is at a local painter! He will make the bodyworks and the pain! Hope to get Betty back soon so that I can start the rebuild. Here are some pics:
IMG_0617.jpg

P1160018.jpg

P1160054.jpg

P1160120.jpg

And here we were in Austria last summer:
P1150578.jpg

Will post some more Pics later ... hope you like it!

Cherio,
Sebastian

More pics of my van: http:// http://www.betty-jane.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Sebastian welcome. Nice looking bus, keep plenty of pictures coming. I was in Austria and Germany Last year October time.

Welcome Sebastina & BettyJane

Hallo Du auch hier..... Ich dache ich bin der einzige hier aus dem Bulliforum :D
(Mark)

@Mark: Sind denke ich noch ein paar hier vertreten, z.B. Thomas und Stefan ...

@All:
Forget to mention my next plans ... lowering a bit and cool fuchses! hope I can
afford it soon :D but first I have to finish the front!

SebastianT2a said:
@Mark: Sind denke ich noch ein paar hier vertreten, z.B. Thomas und Stefan ...

@All:
Forget to mention my next plans ... lowering a bit and cool fuchses! hope I can
afford it soon :D but first I have to finish the front!

:shock: looks great to me stock height but i am older and the others will bully me for saying that! :lol:

na noch einer hier - ich war ja auch im bully forum - aber da war es mir doch größtenteils zu komisch deshalb nur noch sehr sehr selten. deinen bus kenn ich ja :D
ich hoffe hier mal wieder aktiver zu sein.

gruß alex

for those not speeking german. i just said hello to sebastian!

Hallo Alex,
und im IG T2 Forum bist du nicht unterwegs? Des is doch gut!
Wir kennen uns doch auch vom bugnic und so oder?!
Viele Grüße,
Thomas*022

Yes we meet alex @ Bugnic 2009, he was the guy who had the very cool roof rack for sale ... what a pitty that a haven´t got a bug ;)
Here you see Thomas´Hermann and my Betty at the bugnic-meeting:
P1150519.jpg

P1150527.jpg

Greetings from Regensburg,
Sebastian

Ahhhhh ja der sehr geile Gepäckträger den Alex verkaufen wollt weil er beim Ovali irgendwie nicht passte, kann mi erinnern. Super Fotos vom bugnic! Hoffe des findet nä Jahr wieder statt!
Viele Grüße, Thomas

@Thomas:
IG T2 Forum "is doch gut!"? hm, was heisst gut? würde sagen noch am ehesten "brauchbar", allerdings wie alle anderen foren auch, wenns um kritik oder ne andere meinung geht. und wenn man sich dann noch mit dem vorstand anlegt... :mrgreen:

gruss stefan

Das IG t2 Forum ist schon an sich ganz gut - aber ich wurde dort mehrfach derart bescheuert von einem Mitglied angemacht und beleidigt. Dieser wurde dann selbst nachdem alles öffentlich wurde was er mir als PN geschrieben hatte - wurde alles gelöscht und er von allen möglichen in Schutz genommen. Aber das war schon sehr derbe. Egal - dort bin ich ziemlich raus - vielleicht ändert sich das wieder - irgendwann mal.

Ja - Bugnic - ein geiles Treffen. Wird auch 2010 wieder stattfinden. Allerdings ohne mein Mitwirken. Ich werde zwar dort sein - aber eben nur als Besucher. Vom ACC hab ich mich verabschiedet, ebenfalls wegen Meinungsverschiedenheiten mit einer Person. Ich gehe dann halt lieber bevor es Streitereien gibt. Ist aber auch egal.
Das Bugnic ist scho schön!

Überhaupt bin ich momentan einfach deutlich mehr mit meinem Ovali beschäftigt - den will ich kommende Saison eigentlich fertig bekommen.

Sorry folks for writing so much in german.
I told something about stupid persons in a german forum - and a VW-Club i belonged too.
And some words about a very nice meeting.

Greetings Alex

Hallo Sebastian! Nice to see you here. :D
Reto

P.S. Sind mehr Deutsche hier als man glaubt ;)

Viele gruße :D .

Nice to see some German buses on here. My girlfriend is German ( aus Bodensee ).

Haven't been brave enough to drive the bus over there yet but we drove our old Fastback over last autumn.

don´t worry bananacustard,

if you got a problem on your way to the bodensee, we will help you out! and if your girlfriend speaks german, it is much more easier - at least for ME! :D

stefan