shabby - might be getting a new name

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had problems fitting this battery tray, put it in and had to take it out again. Luckily for me Id only half tacked it in, had to bend the sides flat and re bend making it wider. Should there be any bendy cable clips down this side for fixing wires ?

Thinking I had finished welding found this, I would like to say a few words to the person that drilled this :x

Since i had the welder out another hole makes no odds :(

Nearly completed phase 1 engine bay, ready for sanding and a lick of paint. Its taken me longer than I thought but one thing leads to another.

Great build thread Trebor :D
Keep up the brilliant work! Just focus on one job at a time and you'll soon rattle through it!
I ought to heed my own advice as I'm completely overwhelmed by having three Aircooled projects on the go! I might finish one, one day :lol:

You must have a big workshop ;) I would give anything to have one of those lifts so I could stand underneath instead of lying on my back in all the shit. Don't know where it comes from I keep sweeping up :?

Bit of a delay in further jobs done, couldn't make my mind up what to do with paint prep. Taking stuff to a blasting firm is a pain plus money and waiting, sanding is a basket. So I took the plunge and got a cheap blast cabinet of eBay. The thought of making one crossed my mind but it's another thing to do. This is cheap but it's spot on, pictures to follow.
Bad news for the other half the buyers dropped out from getting the house, good news for me :lol: my stuff can stay put. ;)

Hey man have you managed to weld that hole up in the dash yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine is still away having the insides done and now I am getting withdrawal symptoms. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep all the stuff you are sweeping up and weigh it in !!! You might get some beer money. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then again probably not. :(

Keep up the good work!!

J & P
:D :D :D

Made room for the blast cabinet. I need better extraction though, the grit is starting to get contaminated with dust and she wants the vac back :(

a few samples, it sure beats sanding

Wasps nest and more holes hiding under filler which looked like worms inside vents :x

Been kinda quite , you in the dark ? or have you had the vacuum cleaner taken away from you? :lol: :lol:

J & P

Got a bit side tracked, can't try painting engine bay due to damp weather. In the meantime I've been replacing the smashed wood burner chimniea. In the winds we had the parasol took off down the garden and knocked it over so I thought I'd have a go at making one out of 2 old gas bottles. Nearly finished it and after a lick of paint I'll take a picture.

Got ideas for wood burning stove in the van :eek: keep me warm as toast these cold nights ;)

If its not raining :lol: testing tonight :D

I made a flip lid for it if it rains but the paints not dry yet.

I got to test it yet :lol: with my luck I,ll have to chop the flue off for a wider one. If only I had a plasma cutter, I've only got a 100mm disk grinder :cry:

Works ok :!: Just get a puff of smoke out the front on first light up then its like a flame thrower :D

Hopefully this week there is some good weather to paint some bits, all Ive been doing is collecting and ordering bits to bolt back on, cables, seals, brakes, tinware, stats and stuff. Then bolt it back together and turn it round so I can bash :? on with the front.

Looks really cool (pun) :lol: :lol:
I should imagine it would roar with all that oxygen in the front.
Very nice sir!

J & P

Just trying out preventative rust treatments, tried some Frosts por stuff which you had to wash with water afterwards :? Then some Rustbuster which is thick liquid which can peel around the edges if sanded too much, also some small blisters appeared :? I then ended up with Ferro Betol. Blasted the bits and gave them a good coating of this stuff, smells wicked, eats into pin spots of deep rust. Just a small amount goes along way, you can wipe it on with a rag :D Paint next.

Latest posts