Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High may be the new low but I'm not convinced !

4 " drop is gonna look good and make it an easy fit in my garage I recon !

shiplee123 said:

High may be the new low but I'm not convinced !

4 " drop is gonna look good and make it an easy fit in my garage I recon !

4" you say now wait til you've been down to see Matt, give it a year, and it'll be k n l beam, tubs and an engine lift with the bus on the floor :lol:

I was just explaining to d Shiplee ( wife ) how it becomes an addiction and at some point it may have to go lower

:lol:

I used to see some busses and felt they were a bit to low!

Now I look and they are just right ! Narrowed beams , dropped spindles etc ... It's all making sense to me now!

Mrs shippas looked at a low bus tonight and she said that's to low

For the first time I sat there explaining how I once felt like that but things change!

I'm getting the lowering bug ..... Ahhhhh

£££££££ :/

So today ( Sunday lunchtime ) we finally , as a family got to go out in the bus together !

We only went to the local town and went to tesco for petrol :lol:

Was great to drive the bus!

I've only driven my westy once since I purchased it because it's needed so much work and registering etc

Ive missed driving a bay since I sold my panel.

Oh my goodness what a hassle removing all the kids seats from the car into the bus , altar the belts , get the 3 kids in there seats , then get the baby back out for booby before we even get out of the drive lol !

This weekend I've also been making a start on my interior.

Like I have said I'd love a completely stock westy and if it was just me n the wife that's what I'd have but as we have the family it's gotta fit our needs!

It's no where near finished and im no chippy but I'll post some pics

I've tried to replicate a westy sink unit , it still needs a draw on runners , the boards under the r n r bed still need finishing , and I've gotta make a buddy seat etc

Let me know what u all think

Looking good and I'm really pleased that you've managed to get out in it. Well done for keeping the faith.

I agree with the above, you've done a great job on your van so far. 8)

And as for the 'problems' with three kids: I know, I also have three. :D I do have an original full width Westy setup in my bus though. ;)

Yay another prezzy for the bus

Can't wait to get it fitted.

Gonna need this with all the kids stuff we gonna have to lug around !

No wonder gadgets tow bars sell quick, they are very well made !

Yep couldn't wait.....
Got on with it this afternoon. Lovely towbar but bitch of a job. Wouldn't wonna do it again in a hurry.
All fitted just electrics to sort !

So I'm visiting Matt balls tomorrow to lower my bus
Nothing major just around 4" tomorrow !

A143 to diss , then on to mildenhall

Give us a flash if ya c me

I'll post pics fri pm

Latest posts