Shiplee' s 1969 California westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
It's here, turned up nice and early this morning on a truck , sad to see my last bus go but excited to finally be the proud owner of an early westy.
I've spent the morning giving it a wash and generally giving it the once over

Here's a few pics

Thanks marriedblond , we r excited about it :)

The storey is that the guy I brought it from purchased it a couple of years ago , striped it completely down , full bare metal respray , new interior new pop top canvas , new wiring loom,
Striped down the engine, new breaks , lots more.

He was almost ready for getting it mot n registed in uk when he snapped the key off in the ignition barrel, he then realised there was a bit of play in the steering and started looking for an early steering box an discovered they are like chicken teeth , he was struggling to find one and was thinking he was gonna have to get one imported.

He basically got pissed of with it and it's been sitting in his workshop collecting dust for more than a year.

I have gotta get the ignition sorted , steering done , and then get it prepped for an mot.
Then registed.

The interior has gotta come out because as some of u know we have two boys and a third on the way in April so gotta fit a full width bed , I'll prob have a buddy seat and I'll look around for an original westy sink cupboard , to b fitted near the sliding door.

The chap took out the original ply headliner and put in a vinyl headliner
I'll be putting a ply one back in lol

I've got a big pack of paperwork and receipts to look through and the chap has loaded me restoration pics on a memory card which I'll have a good look through later.

I'll post my progress as I go , may b a little slow as I have a busy home and work life

I know mate :shock:

I've got about 12 weeks to get stuck in before the little one turns up

The funny thing is we have just agreed to join club camping with a friend (kev splitty camping)
At dubs at the hall beginning of July. Are we mad ? Not only is the bus not reg , mot , and is soon to b gutted out but the baby will only b about 8 weeks old the weekend of DATH !

Brilliant 8)
Nice to see it finally land on your driveway. Is it going to fit in that garage?! Too high fella ;)

Quick update before we get the kids in the bath lol

We couldn't get it in the garage grrrrrrr
But I got me shovel out took a couple of inches of driveway out
Let me tyres down about 10%
Hey presto
Quick way of lowering a bus lol!

Latest posts