should i get red9 wishbone or thaus spindles?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
r73 said:
Realistically, how often are you going to adjust the whole front end up and down?

:msn4:

Haha!! I was thinking of a particular wheel whore as I wrote this :lol: :lol: loaded question really! :D
it's def been the best product for your tinkering needs Just! :lol:

r73 said:
creationblue said:
r73 said:
Realistically, how often are you going to adjust the whole front end up and down?

:msn4:

Haha!! I was thinking of a particular wheel whore as I wrote this :lol: :lol: loaded question really! :D
it's def been the best product for your tinkering needs Just! :lol:

I suppose, for most, its about the tweeking of the height and possible change of alloys to get the stance just right. its a nightmare to raise the bus when its on adjusters...easy to lower - just undo the bolts and lower the jack hehe

haha

I'm just thinking it will give me easy adjustment in the initial setting and if I ever do change wheels or tyre it will be a straight forward adjustment.

bluenose said:
haha

I'm just thinking it will give me easy adjustment in the initial setting and if I ever do change wheels or tyre it will be a straight forward adjustment.

Sounds like you've talked yourself into it :D
Go on and treat yourself - the bud deserves it :lol:
And thee way these red9 products are going up in price it appears to be a sound investment!!

r73 said:
bluenose said:
haha

Sounds like you've talked yourself into it :D
Go on and treat yourself - the bud deserves it :lol:
And thee way these red9 products are going up in price it appears to be a sound investment!!

Yea I think my mind is set on the red9 kit now. I've had a chat to them today and have no concerns whatsoever with it. The bevel box doesn't sit low anymore so not exposed and that bottom ball joint is a bolt on unit so will be safe as houses

Time to set to work on convincing the missus we need this in our lives :shock:

The only shiney metals she's impressed with is round and finger sized!

r73 said:
After all if Red9's 'bevel box' had been thoroughly tested before manufacture they wouldn't have to have changed it ;) ;)

I beleive the original bevel box was a genuine VW item, but I think supply issues were the limiting factor, the revised box is in-house designed & made.

Mr Brightside said:
r73 said:
After all if Red9's 'bevel box' had been thoroughly tested before manufacture they wouldn't have to have changed it ;) ;)

I beleive the original bevel box was a genuine VW item, but I think supply issues were the limiting factor, the revised box is in-house designed & made.

It t'was a T25 item to keep it VW......

I believe the issue was the angle on the UJ. Wasn't an issue on the splitties cos the steering column was a differnet angle.
Having had numerous lifted land rovers I know the problems encountered with propshaft UJ's.
Seems it's all sorted now tho.
Red9 Have given a lot of thought over their wishbone design and the fact they are happy to answer all your questions and are at all the shows is refreshing.
Good guys.

A vote from me for Red9, don't have the money for a wish-bone set up so have EZ-riders and matching notched spring plates. Talk to Simon at Red9 or to Lee at Manflowers in Evesham as he fits for Simon, he'll have the answers and will run you through it all.

Bay-low71 said:
bluenose said:
red9 kit ordered so I'll report back on progress when I get it :D

Good choice!! ;)

Will say its a great bit of kit, yet to try mine on the road will update my thread when done!!

Yes I found your thread during my research, pull your finger out and get it finished so I can copy :lol:

Stance looks nice at 5" drop. sounds a lot though, can I get that on the rear without some notching?

bluenose said:
Stance looks nice at 5" drop. sounds a lot though, can I get that on the rear without some notching?

Not easily

Graham L said:
bluenose said:

Not easily

Does not easily mean no? :D

I have adjustable spring plates to do the rear. I guess I could get the welder out for a notch. Is it 2mm steel on them rails?

Can I run standard shocks at that rear with that drop? Sorry turning this into a tech thread

Currently running standard spring plates dropped one spline and stance looks good, although I've got adjustable to fit just to even the bus due to cabinet weight on one side. Not planning on lowering further!!

Latest posts