Should I paint up to roof or half way?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWAIRCOOLED

Reaction score
I've finally decided on the colour for my camper.Decided on light blue lower and white top section.
I got a few sample aerosols made up,started with arctic white (pale blue) was too pale.Next Diamond blue,still too pale.So finally I have settled on Guinea blue which I really like,just the right shade for me.(I know it's a '79/'80 colour, which I initially discounted for this reason,but can't find another colour I like better)

But I am not sure wether to paint up to the waist line and do the top section white,or go up to the roof line and do the roof white? What would suit best peeps? Currently I'm swaying towards Guinea blue up to the roof and do the roof white.

if it's a tin-top then you can't beat a white roof with a coloured body imo....

if you have a pop-top then perhaps the colour should go up to the swage line...?

Try the bus selecta, that should help, or check out the gallery section.

Carole :wink:

carole said:
if it's a tin-top then you can't beat a white roof with a coloured body imo....

if you have a pop-top then perhaps the colour should go up to the swage line...?

totally agree with Carole, colour to the gutters and a white roof if your a tintop, and colour to the swage line and then white if your a poptop. :wink:

I'll throw a spanner in the works, I've painted mine one colour, including the roof. :wink:

The choice is always up to you though. 8)

I was also considering spraying the whole thing blue except paint the swage line only white.

Cheers for the comments,it's not clear cut at the moment but I've got a little time to decide yet.

If you have blue up to the gutters you can always break up the body with deluxe trim.

We've just done one at work thats had white roof, swage line, bumpers, grill etc and the rest in colour. Looks a lot more effective than I though it would

I'd go up to the swage line, but I am biased....

Leonard2.JPG

8)

smudge said:
paint upto the roof line...then if you dont like it...bring the top colour down.. :D

I was thinking of doing that,well said.Then I can change it if I don't like it.

All one colour looks best imo, but must choose the right colour to do this :wink:

Latest posts