Show us your roofs!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a Devon. Looks smart when closed, and open. Provides ample headroom. But leak (unless you cove with Vinyl) and the bunks are not the best....
Closed

eqyju5e4.jpg

Open
uzeseqez.jpg

This is the roof up, it`s a late Devon roof 1976 and after,which I chose because of it`s slighter size as I was of the opinion that most pop tops looked rather large and bulky. The earlier Devon didn`t look too bad with the skirt / apron but had quite a few design issues from a roofing point of view. It`s sort of fitted at the moment, when I got off of the donor, it also had a couple of bunks in the top.

This is with the roof down and you can see how small it is up to a lot of the others.

Again you can see how slight it is 8)

And the last one is my favoourite because the Red Baron is doing his thing as well :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,It`s all good :mrgreen:

Heres my Danbury roof, nice and high when up.

DSCF0079_zps42c75318.jpg

DSCF0086_zps433e4c52.jpg

and quite sleek when down.

DSCF4688smaller.jpg

Looks good, I think I'm going to go for one of these to be able to fit the family in. Do you know if it is the same height as the early one? Do you have a picture of it down? or any other pics that you are willing to share.

I have spoken with Pete and he was very helpful.

->Adam

Oh.go.on.then said:
Got Pete at space roofs to take my leaky Devon off and fit this Westy style roof. It's not the early type I would have preferred but it fits where the Devon hole was.

Chuffed with it and means the family of five can sleep in the van now.

Mike

image_zps9ababe4d.jpg

So a buddy of mines real nice, Orange crossover, with brand new Maroon canvas top, my White westy, with original top canvas there.

Orange and maroon, go together nicely?!

3DF8ADF5-1C5C-4D9C-B705-1ABE593379AE.png
[/URL]

Wow! The install job is so clean I can see right through that top! Crazy, install must have been a breeze! ;)

My 71 Devon with JK roof cap and non-original non-concertina bellows. When I bought this bus about 10 years ago the interior was shagged and the original Devon roof sagged and leaked so I took a leap of faith and went with the roof cap and the uprated roof springs. A big improvement aesthetically but it's heavvvvyyyy!!! The bellows are also a p.i.t.a. as they tend to have a habit of sticking out from the side when the roof is taken down and then you have to poke the offending bits back under the roof. If I was to do this again then I'd junk the Devon roof altogether and go with a Westy retro-fit or more likely now that the kids have outgrown the Devon bunks then I'd opt for a small turret top and an awning.

Latest posts