Skeg

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M5 be mullered on a Friday bud. My thinking is we gotta go past Lutterworth and that’s where some go twice a year for the Techenders et up at Eddies place Victoria farm. I’ve been every which way over the years and was put on to this old road by several guys from our neck of the woods that are charging about all over the country during the week as part of their working week. I’ve now used it several times and it’s a lot more relaxed than the M5 cauldron of roads. There are much fewer bottlenecks but hey ho . I just like driving my van so I’ll go any way and we can play convoy all the way up. How many of us going up on the Friday late morning then ? Are we hooking up with them Daggers? Is Dennis the diesel actually back by then and James too ? Watchya doin Andy?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,Hit It :)
The way we went was a good drive with easy speed and not killing our engine on a motorway 😆

I messaged Rich and he is leaving Friday morning with a few people including Arthur from mad workshop and evil Ben and Ant & Kath. They’re all camping together and we been invited as well in the same spot.
Sounds great 👌

I live right there Ben. Less than a mile till I hit the traffic on the M4/M32 each Friday. In fairness heading North up the M5 is usually problem free till you hit Birmingham

I'd avoid anything either side of the M4/M5 junctions around Bristol if you can, especially on a Friday afternoon! my recent journeys through there have all been shocking!
If there’s a bit of a plan, it’s head up past my way then head for Cirencester that earns we only touch the M4 for one junction Bath to Chippenham then A roads again.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,it’ll be fine the doctor said :)

What time you going to be ready Ozzie?
Andy now booked his ticket so we all need to camp in the same area.

What time you going to be ready Ozzie?
Andy now booked his ticket so we all need to camp in the same area.

I should imagine, somewhere between ten and twelve. Not a biggy for me though , I’ll just roll with all of you guys.
If Andy is going too, when will he leave, might be able to hook up .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,tis extra complicated :)

I should imagine, somewhere between ten and twelve. Not a biggy for me though , I’ll just roll with all of you guys.
If Andy is going too, when will he leave, might be able to hook up .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,tis extra complicated

I'll be there but catering this year. Come and say hello if you're around. We'll be selling crumble
10% of for being on the early bay forum 😆
I'll be there but catering this year. Come and say hello if you're around. We'll be selling crumble

I will definitely come say hi to you and take something from your menu as that’s a good menu for crumble.

Not far off now guys. Ill hook up with Dagger and them boys this evening and see what time they are leaving, James should be with us around 10.30 coming up from down south with his lad. If you bristol boys @ozziedog & @Gabs are happy with that then we got ourselves a convoy to the North East :cool:

Been chatting to a few on FB and really looking forward to this! Loads of Earlybay drivers going, should be a blast!

I'll be there in my Bus now, as well as my Notch. Girlfriend is going to drive the Bus, putting her big girl pants on and taking on driving it. Went out a few times this weekend in it and she feels safe. Will try and find a few of you, after I've put my Notch in the B289 bit.

This is starting to sound like we’re gonna see more bays at this place than we’ve seen so far this summer. I’m getting ready for this and I might even take the washing machine drum and try and remember how to do them pizzas. I’ve gotta bit of a plan. Will there be some sort of line up or is the whole thing a line up ? I’ve still got those poles and flags Wig. They’re not in the way in my garage though.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, It’ll be great :)

We're hoping to attend as day visitors on the Saturday only, but only coming in our car as our dog likes the aircon on full bore, to stay cool on long journeys.
Looking forward to spotting your Bays & hopefully meeting some of you. Please say hello if you see a couple with a brindle boxer dog knocking around.

Hopefully next year if we can get a decent portable AC unit for our bus, we'd love to do the weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts