Skeg

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one.
Are you all camping in a group, &/or putting your buses on the field for viewing?
I reckon Ozzies bus might be easiest to spot if you are all parking up together.
There is a 10 vehicle convoy heading up from Bristol so I assume we will all be together, although we've never been before so no idea what to expect. If there is a show field then yes we will be there too. You can't miss @ozziedog van :cool:

Can't wait for this weekend then. I thoroughly enjoyed the last two years we visited.

Some video of that 10 vehicle VW convoy would be good to see, if theres any opportunity for someone to film on the move.
Yes indeed, best find us and join us. Just how the heck do you think you’re gonna spot my van amongst all them other air cooled jobbies ? Hhmmm?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,pay’s to be different :)

There is a 10 vehicle convoy heading up from Bristol so I assume we will all be together, although we've never been before so no idea what to expect. If there is a show field then yes we will be there too. You can't miss @ozziedog van :cool:

I’ve been thinking this through, what are the chances of all ten getting anywhere on time and all being in a decent condition to boot ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, does sound to be fun :)

I’ve been thinking this through, what are the chances of all ten getting anywhere on time and all being in a decent condition to boot ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, does sound to be fun :)
I said the same to Sarah this morning! Lets hope we all make the 400 mile round trip :unsure:

I said the same to Sarah this morning! Lets hope we all make the 400 mile round trip :unsure:
Easy Peasy bud. With all the fine engineering (and bodging) that’s been lavished on these particular vehicles, we’ll probably do it in three hours ! Tops!
Back to reality,,,,,
The Skeg Vegas program has just dropped ready to be down loaded. Anybody got a printer ? Looks great too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,everything in that fridge is chillin :)

I was looking at the route last night, if we meet @fallingoffalot at Glos serv. then head to the A429 (Fosse Way), not sure if we go Cirencester junction which means heading south east to pick it up or Tewkesbury meaning East.... @ozziedog you'll probably have a better idea than me....

Well, what a weekend! Left Bristol at 10.30, picked up a couple of people on the way, I managed a little detour which we got stuck in a road block for half hour (lol). A few fuel/refreshment stops, plenty of traffic jams and we finally rolled into Veggy around 5.30! But I have to say I loved every hour!
The show was absolutely fantastic, the quality of air-cooled vehicles was unreal, great to meet new people and see new metal in the flesh! Sat around the fire chatting and drinking, everyone really chilled and friendly! Saw some old faces and met loads of new, really cant wait for next year!
There was 9 in our convoy (one modern caddy) mainly early bays with one splitty and an AC T25 panel, unfortunately @Gabs had an engine issue on the way home so settled in for a trip home on the recovery truck, hopefully something good will come from his issue in the form of a new motor for next years antics!
Next up Busfest for this year and maybe Ninove in March :oops:
We loved it!!!!

Well, what a weekend! Left Bristol at 10.30, picked up a couple of people on the way, I managed a little detour which we got stuck in a road block for half hour (lol). A few fuel/refreshment stops, plenty of traffic jams and we finally rolled into Veggy around 5.30! But I have to say I loved every hour!
The show was absolutely fantastic, the quality of air-cooled vehicles was unreal, great to meet new people and see new metal in the flesh! Sat around the fire chatting and drinking, everyone really chilled and friendly! Saw some old faces and met loads of new, really cant wait for next year!
There was 9 in our convoy (one modern caddy) mainly early bays with one splitty and an AC T25 panel, unfortunately @Gabs had an engine issue on the way home so settled in for a trip home on the recovery truck, hopefully something good will come from his issue in the form of a new motor for next years antics!
We loved it!!!!
Was the best show for me this year. Absolutely agree with so many aircooled vehicles to see with some amazing line ups on the show with 3 from the camping group attending. Long day yesterday getting recovered home but would definitely be back next year. 👊🏼

We loved it!!!!
Loved it ???
It was fantastical. The cruise up as Justin said was absolutely epic and with perfect weather for cruising too. Not only did we meet friends old and new, Stu F and Claire F, Mat P and his Jules and girls, John and Nicki C, SkuterBob (Stu) the crumble King And Queen, Kirky rolled in with us and apparently recognised someone’s van. So all parked up in our little gaggle was James and Henley in their fab blue panel 25, Graham in his smashing green split, me in my jalopy then Andy (Fallingoffalot) with his picture perfect Earlybay opposite Kirky in his perfect blue EarlyBay next to Paul (Gabs) in his nice bay then Justin (CreationBlue) in his awesome Corvair powered picturesque Westy and the Dagger clan on the end with their very powerful Yellow Early Bay and modern little panel.. Good fun with the CBs all the way. A my newt amount of alcohol was consumed around the fire at night plus some tunes too. The round the camp fire bit is my favourite part completely..Had some ice cream, had some wonderful crumble from our friendly crumble vendors and if you’ve never had it, then do yourself a favour and get some for desert. Bumped into Dave Issit, Steve aka Lee Evans, Fortunate Son, and I’ll never ever remember everyone so please forgive me if I’ve not name checked you.
We saw cars there from every corner of the known universe including a K70 that I’d not seen before. As many vans and buggies and beetles as you’ve possibly seen ever, Karman Ghias all over, notch backs, fastbacks variants, trekkers, Schwim Wagon, type 4s. Brazilian VW based sporties again, some I’d not seen before , Pumas etc etc. Porkers everywhere of all types even a real speedster. It just went on and on, every time I stop, I think of something else like a Matador and a Dodge /Commer variant.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,highest recommended ever.

Yes it was the best one so far and well worth the trip. There was loads of traffic going there and back, so next year we're going up Thursday night and staying at the campsite at the Red Lion down the road. Venu was great and very chilled atmosphere. Highly recommend
Great idea
Or I'd happy leave home at 7am Friday

I’ll fall in with you guys once you’ve decided. We could even go and stop at Victoria farm and see Eddie for the night which is well over half way. Or look for other stuff as in places. It’s still a bit of a haul going the whol way in one spurt.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, loads of time to reconnect :)

Loved it ???
It was fantastical. The cruise up as Justin said was absolutely epic and with perfect weather for cruising too. Not only did we meet friends old and new, Stu F and Claire F, Mat P and his Jules and girls, John and Nicki C, SkuterBob (Stu) the crumble King And Queen, Kirky rolled in with us and apparently recognised someone’s van. So all parked up in our little gaggle was James and Henley in their fab blue panel 25, Graham in his smashing green split, me in my jalopy then Andy (Fallingoffalot) with his picture perfect Earlybay opposite Kirky in his perfect blue EarlyBay next to Paul (Gabs) in his nice bay then Justin (CreationBlue) in his awesome Corvair powered picturesque Westy and the Dagger clan on the end with their very powerful Yellow Early Bay and modern little panel.. Good fun with the CBs all the way. A my newt amount of alcohol was consumed around the fire at night plus some tunes too. The round the camp fire bit is my favourite part completely..Had some ice cream, had some wonderful crumble from our friendly crumble vendors and if you’ve never had it, then do yourself a favour and get some for desert. Bumped into Dave Issit, Steve aka Lee Evans, Fortunate Son, and I’ll never ever remember everyone so please forgive me if I’ve not name checked you.
We saw cars there from every corner of the known universe including a K70 that I’d not seen before. As many vans and buggies and beetles as you’ve possibly seen ever, Karman Ghias all over, notch backs, fastbacks variants, trekkers, Schwim Wagon, type 4s. Brazilian VW based sporties again, some I’d not seen before , Pumas etc etc. Porkers everywhere of all types even a real speedster. It just went on and on, every time I stop, I think of something else like a Matador and a Dodge /Commer variant.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,highest recommended ever.
It was indeed a very good weekend. Best of the year so far. Was a very long drive up with lots of traffic and 1 detour but man was it a good road trip! After 7 and a half hours we made it to skeg and it was worth it. such a chilled show and everything old skool!! so great to see such amazing cars all in one place with such amazing people.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240821_225409_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240821_225409_WhatsApp.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240821_225405_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240821_225405_WhatsApp.jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240821_225357_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240821_225357_WhatsApp.jpg
    892.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240821_225350_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240821_225350_WhatsApp.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240816_172736.jpg
    20240816_172736.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240816_172731.jpg
    20240816_172731.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-799342970.mp4
    5.6 MB
It was indeed a very good weekend. Best of the year so far. Was a very long drive up with lots of traffic and 1 detour but man was it a good road trip! After 7 and a half hours we made it to skeg and it was worth it. such a chilled show and everything old skool!! so great to see such amazing cars all in one place with such amazing people.
Brilliant photos, absolutely brilliant. My favourites are the ones in the mirror of the snaking convoy. Whenever I try them I get a bit carried away as usually the best ones are taken as you go around the bends. As mine is RHD and I’m driving, the best ones are on the right hand bends which usually means that by the time I’ve focused and found the button and got a decent aim in the mirror, I’m just about to run off the road and that has been the main criteria in dropping the camera (didn’t say phone) and getting the van out of the dust on the edge of the road. Are you guys doing Busfest ? I think that’s our next adventure, Busfest and Barryfornia, and Techenders. Busfest, I won’t be able to get there until evening and similar with Justin.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,looking forward to next year :)

Brilliant photos, absolutely brilliant. My favourites are the ones in the mirror of the snaking convoy. Whenever I try them I get a bit carried away as usually the best ones are taken as you go around the bends. As mine is RHD and I’m driving, the best ones are on the right hand bends which usually means that by the time I’ve focused and found the button and got a decent aim in the mirror, I’m just about to run off the road and that has been the main criteria in dropping the camera (didn’t say phone) and getting the van out of the dust on the edge of the road. Are you guys doing Busfest ? I think that’s our next adventure, Busfest and Barryfornia, and Techenders. Busfest, I won’t be able to get there until evening and similar with Justin.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,looking forward to next year :)

Ozziedog

Latest posts