Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome bus and Audi.

And did I spot a 300c in those early pics?! :D

i love the tiles as well, seen them somewhere before (not on a bus) but wasnt sure if they would look cool, they definitely do on your bus... 8)

jabbo said:
Awesome bus and Audi.

And did I spot a 300c in those early pics?! :D

yes you did mate had a few of them... that was my old ride, broke my heart to sell it but i needed the cash for the a8. I had so much fun with that car. :)

06102007158.jpg

f98c9582.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

FILE0069.jpg

After a lot of deliberation on which route to take for the suspension i've just spent a whole wedge of cash.

creative-weedeater narrowed beam
creative-adjustable rear springplates
and a
creative- 6 bow SS westy rack

The suspension stuff should be here next week but there a bit of a wait for the rack.
Thinking about some wagenwest dropped spindles too.... depending on how the weedeater gets on.

Nates narrowed beam with adjusters, trackrods and springs was $770, if you were ordering spindles from him anyway it may have been cheaper to buy the lot there?. $385 for delivery, and a 30 day lead time at the moment. Beam with horseshoe plates for the rear and dropped spindles for the front are $1300 total (about £680 delivered) (doesnt include vat and duty and fees). This basically gets you all need to drive off lowered all round 8)

the weedeater is quality though im still tempted :D

yeah i put a lot of thought into the nates stuff but thought it best to by british lol

creative gave me a dam good price too :wink: plus free shipping!

Still might get some dropped spindles off him unless any of you lot have any to spare?

ive just fitted a weedeater and adjustable shocks and they are sick well worth the cash and fit better than the original! 8)

easy said:
ive just fitted a weedeater and adjustable shocks and they are sick well worth the cash and fit better than the original! 8)

i know matey it was reading your thread that helped my decision. :D

ant said:
easy said:
Looks ace chap, what was the cost of the wheel dood coming round for 4 tyres? :wink:
thumbsup4kk.gif

its price on application due to milage, give Neil a bell and he will sort you out....... it was a a lot cheaper than i was expecting :wink:

Hi!!

The bus is looking really cool!! Been following the thread for a while now..... I love the wheels - thinking of getting some 356's for mine, and whitewalls too.

What size tyres are you running? Asking, cos i would like to get my bus lowered too from stock at the moment, and wasn't too sure if the 356 were wider and may cause probs when lowered???? Unless i still to stock 14's...Was thinking of 185R14 for rear and 185/60R14 on the front......?

Do you have the number of the whitewall guy? Was he local to Bristol?

Congrats on a cracking bus, look forward to seeing more pics! (and of the audi too!)

Alistair

Nice job and van matey and luvin the wheels. Quite similar in colour to my 69 tho mine wears american eagles fuch reps
PICT0600.jpg

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
Hi gambit, nice colour and wheel combination 8)

what he said^^^ very nice gambit. :)

Al - the tyres are 195/50/15 but remember that with the bus only lowered a little. Will see if theres any rubbige when he's proper slammed.

Wish i could take the credit but remains as how i bought it from Popcorn balls (has post in gallery too) on here bout year ago. He was reluctant to sell wheels but once i flashed the cash, he relented. Think he bought split cab?? And regretted selling the wheels! Top bloke tho and cheers for comments

ant said:
Johnnyâ„¢ said:
Hi gambit, nice colour and wheel combination 8)

what he said^^^ very nice gambit. :)

Al - the tyres are 195/50/15 but remember that with the bus only lowered a little. Will see if theres any rubbige when he's proper slammed.

Cool!!

Is there a advantage running 15 instead of 14, or just because they fill the arch more when dropped??

Thanks for the number, I'll bell him sometime......

Chaeers!

Latest posts