Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my rear springplates have arrived from creative, still waiting on the roofrack and the narrowedbeam.

But at least i can get cracking on the rear end.

So let battle commence

inner and outer bushes are both fooked :(

22042008301.jpg

22042008302.jpg

40 years on the buggers didn't want to come off!!

trying to balance my free time between working on the bus and audi is a nightmare... not enough hours in the day!

Here are some pics from yesterday.

Got the 20's on the a8, and both rear springplates..... seriously need a new a exhaust as the mondo is on the floor

26042008331.jpg

26042008326.jpg

errrrrrr

26042008339.jpg

26042008340.jpg

26042008337.jpg

The stocker has got massive clearance so thats all sorted. :)

I've been waiting for over a month now for my creative beam, not impressed :(. Wouldnt mind but they have promised and broke two deadlines already.Now i started stripping the front down in readyment of its arrival "stupidly" and i've already missed stanford hall/vanwest. Very tempted to put it all back together just i can get some use out of the bus.

anyway got busy with the sander today.

sander + goggles + dirt = new hair line :)

10052008409.jpg

10052008412.jpg

10052008413.jpg

i feel guilty mate as ive been building my ce beam up this week and fitted it today to a van that is about a year off going to the spray. how much bother was the rear end as i have a set to fit to my van when the front is right. how do you know that goes back on in the correct spline that it came off etc. rude van by the way. i hope your guna beat that audi with the lowering stick or bag the beast

Alright Ant, I,ve seen your old beam on Volkszone so presumed you,d got the new one, I came on this post purposly to have a look at it, keep pestering em pal they,ll soon despatch it.
Andy

I do andy, although i shouldn't have too.

The springs plates are simple aslong as you can get all the old springplate to rear hub bolts undone. Also if you have a 68 you will need to undo you rear brake flexis got mine done in about 3hrs. I was concerned about the splines too but don't worry you get full instructions with the creative drop spring plates....... when you fit the new ones you just need a ruler.... dead easy.

still no beam :( ........ its been promised for this weekend 17/05/08

but on the plus side all my torsion springs and steering arms are all cut and ready now :)

Did it arrive?
My documents haven't come yet either, was hoping to drive it today!

My, hasen't your van come on since i saw it 3 year ago, love the red stripe on tyres. I think they'd look ace on my van.

leon said:
Did it arrive?
My documents haven't come yet either, was hoping to drive it today!

My, hasn't your van come on since i saw it 3 year ago, love the red stripe on tyres. I think they'd look ace on my van.

No mate still not here:(.

I phoned on friday and was told to expect it this week!.... not impressed with the service at all, just hoping the beam is all its cracked up to be.

They took well over a grand off me 5/6 weeks ago and so far i've received £190 worth of rear spring plates :(

Looks like my new rack will take even longer than the beam too.

Sorry to hear your not rollin yet leon i bet the dvla like creative are pretty busy this time of year tho.

ant

Looks like you are good to go Ant , hope they keep their word and arrive Thursday :evil:
Sorry if you had said but are you going narrow with Frank mate :?:

Cant wait to see it done kid 8)

no. 283, if you feel you need to show somebody when it's done. I'm here all the time pretty much.

its arrived :D

22052008456.jpg

Happy with the quality, powder coat a little dodgy tho.... chips really easily

22052008458.jpg

22052008461.jpg

steering arm on, dampers and springs in.

24052008001.jpg

A little difficult to get the beam in place when your working on your own. All bolted up now although the new beam ment moving the brake lines out of the way. I opted not to disconnect the front brake lines or brake the ball joints so that made installing the torsion arms on to the cut springs a little tricky to say the least.(i like a challenge). Still got to reconnect shockers,speedo,steering,gear linkage and handbrake cables and then we are back on four wheels. i'm hungover and its raining so that can wait till tomorrow can't wait to see the tuck :)

24052008002.jpg

Latest posts