Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuffed for you dude bloody long wait , But as i found with mine , The best things come to those who wait 8) Glad to see you braved the weather to get a bit done , Get pix up when Frankie has " TUCKAGE " 8) :lol:

hooray.jpg

lets see the tuck :D

anchorman is in my top 5 movies. :D

Right we are nearly there, back on four wheels, not mobile yet i've still got to refit the rear shocks and reconnect the clutch cable.

The creative website states its a 83mm narrowed beam. I took that as 83mm each end!!!... i was wrong, bugger. its 83mm in total. It does tuck but not quite the tuckage i was expecting.

I think the dish on the 356 rims doesn't help so might get some stock early bug rims in the future.

I'm liking the rake but me thinks the rear needs to come down a little more.

26052008009.jpg

26052008010.jpg

SLAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMED!! :)

26052008011.jpg

26052008018.jpg

26052008012.jpg

26052008014.jpg

26052008017.jpg

26052008021.jpg

26052008022.jpg

26052008023.jpg

I love the tuck on CE beams as it is, i think these beams are the best on the market and are exactly the correct width! too much tuck on a bus looks daft (imo) it looks like youve got it just right! 8)

Let us know whats it drives like now :D

Johnny said:
I love the tuck on CE beams as it is, i think these beams are the best on the market and are exactly the correct width! too much tuck on a bus looks daft (imo) it looks like youve got it just right! 8)

Let us know whats it drives like now :D

cheers johnny i appreciate that a lot :).

Right off out side to get old frank roadworthy and maybe have a play with the rear ride height :wink:

I think the dish on the 356 rims doesn't help so might get some stock early bug rims in the future.

I think early bug wheels will defo help, maybe you could try my wheels for size take some photos, then put it to the vote!

right, had another tinkering session yesterday.

Lowered the back to level the rake out and then lowered the front a tiny bit more.

The results were a very choppy whilst cornering rear end (probably just shocks at the end of the their travel?)

and mass scrape-age where the engine bar met the path whilst taking the bus off the drive.

it looked frickin awesome tho.

27052008026.jpg

27052008025.jpg

i've had to raise it slightly frt and back just get on/off the drive.

I've only given it a few miles test drive as it still needs tracking up properly as i've only done it by eye. Tracking is getting sorted properly tomorrow. The beam seems to ride well tho.

just seen you fly past! should've called in. dying to see it in the metal.

Sorry leon i've been super busy last few days... everytime i drive down the stone road i'm trying to figure out which house is yours, have you got a green garage door?

@andewilson, yes mate although it has been raised since that pic, but i will be getting some dropped spindles.

@steve, yes mate could be interested have you a web link and how much are they?

took old frank to have his tracking sorted today, good job as i did it by eye and it had massive toe in.

The fella there is doing a resto on his 72, told him to get his arse on here.

Also sanded and sealed the wheel tubs, bought a new battery and started to fit oil temp gauge, good days work.

29052008035.jpg

29052008032.jpg

29052008031.jpg

who did the tracking? Could possibly do with having mine looked at.

I'm the last semi before the bungalow, just before the lights to the holmcroft road, on the left, heading out of town. 283, although i don't have a house number.(my mail always gets here)

I heard the van, then saw the people in the bus stop smiling. I think they liked :)

Ant,

You legend....

You've just saved me £800!!

I was going to pay someone to fit my CE beam and sort the rear and now i've spent 2 hours looking at every picture you've takne im gonna tackle it myself!!

Will do a tasty update on EB.....

Cheers Dude....

Ian

http://www.Brightonbaysandsplits.com

cheers mate, if you want to ask any questions please pm me.

One thing tho when you get the springs cut/drilled the Creative instructions say that they have to be stacked correctly trust me they do.

The backend is easy and the front i managed on my own but obviously would be easier if you had help. All the work was carried out on the drive accept the spring cutting and drilling which i farmed out.

good luck :)

Latest posts