Slamwerks 71 Deluxe...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for positive comments 8) will be a cool ride when its done, hopefully cooler than its lookalike the T2D TV Bus haha,, :lol: :lol:

Nearly finished getting the floor solid, looking at it makes me think I should have gone for a full cargo floor but at the end of the day although it looks a bit patchwork, its solid as a rock now and when painted the got the interior covering it will go unseen but il have my own piece of mind knowing its got no rot,
I know that some repair panels aren't as good quality/thickness as the og steel so probably best doing it this way plus it only costs £29 for a bit of panel compaired to about £200 for full floor!! :shock:

2e906396.jpg

dd8c295d.jpg

Just got front steps and bottom of 'A' posts then hopefully taking it for MOT back end of next week! :)

Barkafer said:
Nice work! I had similar rust in my cargo floor, but regrettably didn't patch with repro floor panel. I just used what I could lay hands on at the time.

My lowlight ghia from california is a bit like that on the floors, loads of flat sheet steel!! its like rolf harris is playing a tune when you get in and out!
If it gets you an MOT though and your on a budget might as well make it solid :)

Finally finished the welding and other bits that needed attention, so tomorrow it's off for an MOT!!!

Let's see what happens

MOT is booked for 4.30pm on tuesday now as the test centre was packed today!! :?

Been fitting some more new seals today though and also made a start on painting the interior skin before the re-trim, need to buy a front mat set, not sure what style to go for yet though, might have a look on madmatz site as I saw they had a good selection at dubfreeze

4b471197.jpg

got bumpers fitted too, looking proper sick now, will look even cooler when its wound down a touch more on the front 8)

9bd34d6b.jpg

98e757fa.jpg

Il update tomorrow night after its test :)

Cheers, on the cargo floor I just mixed up some White 2 PAC with hardener but brushed it on so it's pretty thick but will protect the floor, its going to be covered with ply then flooring anyway so dint matter what colour but this was laying around the workshop, I think il do the cab floor and seat tubs in this too as it gives it a clean interior finish which is what I'm after, it's not L90D though it's a bit whiter!

hey rich the van is looking awesome,fingers crossed for today..
a massive thanks again for all the effort you went to holding onto that seat then bringing it over to Dubfreeze ..
hopefully see you with the van next time.. :D Jamie

Latest posts