Slamwerks 71 Deluxe...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a happy someone out there :D

Iv got it and I'm very happy!!

Like Dubscum says it's staying in the derby area, so I should get to some local meets

Iv got plans to get it on the road in the next few months then get a good interior going on!

Il keep this thread updated so as not to take credit off the mint job Ted has done so far

Rich-B said:

Like Dubscum says it's staying in the derby area, so I should get to some local meets

Iv got plans to get it on the road in the next few months then get a good interior going on!

Il keep this thread updated so as not to take credit off the mint job Ted has done so far

Congrats on buying a cracking van :mrgreen:

Rich-B said:

Lucky bastard! :lol: 8)

Been cracking on with the bus this week, got the braking system finished and cab floor all welded up, shouldnt take much to sort the other bits of welding required for an MOT,
Im thinking of going for a full width R+R with all the interior retrimmed in the same colour leather as the original bus colour, chianti red
will get some pics up next week :D

Lurking in the Werks AutoHaus, ready for a bit more welding and bumpers re-fitting :D

c560a63e.jpg

e65a3d6f.jpg

Cheers for the positive comments, still working on the 'texas' getting it water tight and solid ready for MOT and then a fresh interior re-trim 8)

Are you going to start a new gallery thread or just carry on with this one? (Just so i know which one to follow ;) )

Im sticking to this thread as Ted at slamwerks did a shed load of chassis work on the bus and he posted some good pics!

Il keep adding pics and info as it takes shape, Im hoping to get the bus finished for mid April so hopefully first show will be stanford hall, I missed it by one week last year with my splitscreen but that was mainly down to DVLA and waiting for reg to come through :evil:

Im determined to get there in the 'Texas' this year 8)

Iv done some repairs on the rear hatch and replaced the rear screen seal, tailgate seal etc,
The door runner had gone so to do the job right iv got the proper bottom slider panel but unfortunately need to replace the outer sill in the process but should be able to paint match and fade to get it looking cool, just as has been done under the windscreen!

79284753.jpg

00152ce1.jpg

Few pics now iv stripped the interior ready for the floor repairs

5e611161.jpg

On this iv covered the spare wheel well which had to be removed due to the rear tubs!

9de44588.jpg

Hopefully get some more up soon

Got the sliding door bottom track and outer sill finished, need to fade the paint a bit once it's dried!
The wavey bit is the new seal which needs battering in a bit more but should go flat once doors been shut for a bit!

6338460d.jpg

c14deefe.jpg

Got it on the ramps to make it easier working on sill

1116a529.jpg

Ted said:
Looking good dude, soon be M.O.T time :D

Cheers Ted, just got front steps to tackle and a bit of cargo floor so hopefully next couple of weeks :D :D

Grazy said:
Nice work dude 8) 8)

Cheers dude, its true about LHD panels!! especially my early split panel with small hatch, couldnt see a thing! had to get someone in shotgun to get head out of window when joining the cariageway hahaha 8)

Yeah that is my other halfs job on long trips , On my own i just close my eyes and pray ! :shock:

Latest posts