Slamwerks 71 Deluxe...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right all documents into DVLA now so should have a reg next week :)
Not going to ninove though :(

Made a start fitting new window seals and doing any repairs needed to the window apertures

Windows out!
ce5f77ed.jpg

How it looked
8bbd79c2.jpg

Big hole once I'd wire brushed it and cut out the rust!
fb15a10f.jpg

New repair welded in, just needs a bit more grinding and some paint!

bfa63caf.jpg

14e8e8f6.jpg

Looking forward to updating when my interior is fitted!! :lol: 8)

On the drive to the MOT and back my gearbox was whining big time so I think changing that is on my job list for next week too! Possibly the ring gear has worn?
Its got a Type 3 box so might be nicking a box off my mates fastback project that's tucked away at the back of his workshop!!

The interior is having a new headlining, new door cards, derringer front seats and full width r+r bed, not sure on the colour though yet, I'm torn between beige or chianti red same as the busses og colour?!?

:lol:

Got my docs back from DVLA on saturday morning so.... GVO 488J will be on the road this week when my number plates arrive off tinternet 8)

Unfortunately not, I'm working 12hr day shift on Saturday but il be taking it to the trimmers next week and will be definately going to Stanford Hall and Big Bang!

Yeah I'm thinking chianti red interior with off White headliner and red door cards all round, it may look a bit like the lotus White bay that T2D have for sale 8)

After another eventful day on Monday where 2 breakdowns/teething problems set me back a bit I got the bus home from my workshop :D
Then another set back on Tuesday, the trimmers had cancelled my spot and got another bus in :evil: ?!?
After a barny with them and them saying they couldn't fit it in until July!! I managed to speak to a few people and thanks to Dave at 'spirit of the 50's interiors' it's now in his workshop ready for him to work his magic 8)

I had problems with brakes and wheels seizing up but after a few adjustments and chucking in some front wheel bearings yesterday it drove down to spirit interiors like a dream even though it was raining and I had no side windows in!!

Can't wait to see it finished :D

(not sure I should name and shame where it was originally going for interior, but iv heard Dave at spirit is better anyway so every cloud has a silver lining and all that)!

Rich-B said:
(not sure I should name and shame where it was originally going for interior, but iv heard Dave at spirit is better anyway so every cloud has a silver lining and all that)!

I wouldn't unless the quality of their work is duff too.

Sounds like you are moving in the right direction now so fingers crossed with the interior work ;)

Yeah true, can you imagine how I felt though when I phoned and they had cancelled my spot I'd had booked in since January!!
I was fuming big time!
It's sorted now though and il leave it for the photos before giving anything away about what materials and colour I went for :msn4:

Latest posts