Slamwerks 71 Deluxe...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich-B said:
MOT is booked for 4.30pm on tuesday now as the test centre was packed today!! :?

Been fitting some more new seals today though and also made a start on painting the interior skin before the re-trim, need to buy a front mat set, not sure what style to go for yet though, might have a look on madmatz site as I saw they had a good selection at dubfreeze

4b471197.jpg

got bumpers fitted too, looking proper sick now, will look even cooler when its wound down a touch more on the front 8)

9bd34d6b.jpg

98e757fa.jpg

Il update tomorrow night after its test :)

Looks fecking awesome dude 8)

Update is....

At 2pm I decided to try the lights and have another quick check over for the test, flippin brake lights were dead as
I messed around for a bit and couldn't get them working for my life so unfortunately had to cancel MOT,
Was well peed off and angry to the max as expected, I set too and at half 5 I had them working again!!
So back on track the test has been re-booked for Thursday, let's hope it goes well

Also what's your opinion on what iv done wrong??
I know it's only my opinion but I ain't keen on anything other than tin tops really, except pop westys of course,,

Toad said:
A nice bus, just such a shame to do that to it (just my opinion)

Take a look at your bus,,,, take a look at my bus,,,,

Maybe we have slightly different tastes? :lol:

OMG!!!
I love your bus, it rocks! Cant wait to see it in the metal at some point.

jjbay79 said:
hey rich the van is looking awesome,fingers crossed for today..
a massive thanks again for all the effort you went to holding onto that seat then bringing it over to Dubfreeze ..
hopefully see you with the van next time.. :D Jamie

Cheers Jamie, yeah hopefully il be in my bus at the next show, MOT is now on thursday cos of brake light issues that i took 3 hours fixing!! bloody thing, they worked fine last week :lol:

:lol:
It didn't get tested :!:

It's a long story but it went to a test centre I don't like to make it easier from my mates workshop, I don't like the tester and he don't like my bus by the sounds of it as he refused to test it and said it was too dangerous to test cos the brake lines touched the ground!! I don't think 3 inches off the ground is touching?!?
Also he said the cargo floor repair had to be seam not spot welded where it meets the chassis behind the front seats!? That's fair enough but I still hate him!

Anyway I picked it up this morning and just drove away, iv seam welded the floor where I'd spotted it and iv booked it in for Tuesday at my regular test station where they MOT air-cooled stuff everyday, it's about 30 miles away but I'm insured and it's booked in on the chassis number so I'm all good, fingers crossed it passes :)

Whoa! I been workin all hours lately and haven't checked this thread. Seems I missed a bit of opinion, can't fathom it though!?
What exactly have you done dude :?
The Bus is lookin super cool Rich! No doubt it will pass the test. :D

Remember my bus' first MOT - the bloke didn't like aircooled either and said even if I got all the work done he still wouldn't pass it :evil:

gninnam said:
Remember my bus' first MOT - the bloke didn't like aircooled either and said even if I got all the work done he still wouldn't pass it :evil:

Didn't like aircooled?

Sorry but I don't really understand that argument, I can understand someone failing a vehicle because its genuinely dangerous but failing a car because of its make or powertrain does not make sense.

Des

dubscum said:
always best to take it to a bus friendly mot centre. MOT masters in derby are slammed bus friendly :D
:lol: that's where I'm going on Tuesday!!

:lol: will do, I asked him about bringing my bus down the other week when polo was in for test, my mates workshop is near Nottingham so it will be a good run out for it before the MOT!

The 'Texas Tarmac Scraper' passed it's MOT!!

Bring on the summer cruising!! Well happy. :lol: 8) :D

Latest posts