Sliding door early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluematt1

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
T2 Dormobile
Hi all not sure if anyone can shed some light on my door issue?
This door has always needed a firm close whilst pushing up near back runner and would close ok from inside, on the odd occasion it may pop on the first catch when driving
Today I found my door seal split and have since replaced it where by its fits well, during fitment I released the lower and upper runners so not to cut the seal.
I can still close the door from the outside ok being firm and push door at rear but from inside the mechanism doesn’t seem to have enough pull, I’ve tried adjusting the rods but all this does is roll round the rear catch then not allowing the door to close
Do these catch / handle mechanisms wear out or is there a work around open to ideas

Attachments

• IMG_6454.mov
    23 MB
  • IMG_6453.mov
    35 MB
You should have just lifted the rear guide off to fit the seal then no adjustment changes. Suspect it just the newness in the seal as long as you fitted it correctly.

You should have just lifted the rear guide off to fit the seal then no adjustment changes. Suspect it just the newness in the seal as long as you fitted it correctly.
It’s fitment I’m happy with, I did last time slept in it felt it didn’t latch using inner handle right until at end of its travel and like you say new seal maybe not helping matters.
I’ll leave closed a few days and see if improves, do you know of these early bay handles wear / fail I’ve looked online and they seem pretty few and far between found a couple of LHD

Have you adjusted the rear catch?
I’ve kinda figured it out I think with the door open and rotate the rear latch onto first position when you move outer handle you feel rear catch rotate and the front plunger on front latch device comes out now I removed for test purposes the front female part that receives the plunger and the handle rotates all the way and pulls in the rear of the door now I’ve had it working but if the van is parked on the wonk and ya try to latch the door it won’t every time as I think the adjustment needs more fine tuning on the front accepting piece it’s the square female section / piece.
I don’t have any shims under this but I may try a washer on each of the 13’s between body,, ya can’t see in there with door shut is the problem

Latest posts