Sliding door mechanism screw.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. Well i was greasing up the sliding door mechanism etc on my bus earlier just to make things run more smoothly and when i shut the sliding door the handle went limp when i pushed up. Well i took the mechanism off and inspected it and the reason is the screw in the c part on the back that holds the cable for the movement has worn badly and not securing it anymore so its not working. Im looking for a new screw to put in but having a bit of difficulty finding one right now. I know its 5mm but I'm a bit blank right now so having a difficulty finding a place that sells. Any alternatives on screws that fit or is it an amazon job etc ? Cheers 🤙

Fillister? I hardly even knew her.

If it were me, I’d order a stainless one out of China. But that’s just me; waiting two weeks instead of popping in at my local DIY store.

Hey folks. Well. Guess what's popped and dont screw back in anymore and I've tried. Yep the handle went limp again today, the screw popped out and trying to think now what to do and what's best to fix it. Any ideas folks ? I got to fix asap. I thought about jb weld it in, rubber around the screw etc. but i dont think it will work. 🤔🤙.

Hey folks. Well. Guess what's popped and dont screw back in anymore and I've tried. Yep the handle went limp again today, the screw popped out and trying to think now what to do and what's best to fix it. Any ideas folks ? I got to fix asap. I thought about jb weld it in, rubber around the screw etc. but i dont think it will work. 🤔🤙.
You’ll sort it Gaz, if it’s done it once , you’d maybe get away with it, but twice, you’ll need a retap as suggested ^^^ . Is there anything that’s binding or catching anywhere that is forcing little Miss Fillister to jump out in fright ? Re tap, possibly riv nut or try Gorilla glue, the kind that puffs up a bit and expands as it cures. A drop of that In the hole and a drop on Miss Fillisters thread, screw it as tight as you dare then leave for a couple of days. Might be just enough because it puffs out and swells just a bit that might fill the gap. Worth a shot as there’ll be no damage if it don’t work. Locktight red is another possibility. :unsure:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Because Nobody likes a limp handle ever ever ever :) :ROFLMAO: :)

Cheers both. I was looking into m7 screws and re tapping etc early this morning. @ozziedog you mentioned a rivet nut and i thought ohhh hang on a min i have a pack left over from when i was attaching my roof bellows to my new Dormy canvas a few years ago. Well this afternoon i tried one and it only worked. I had to sand the top a bit to make it turn fully but its not going to come out again and its mostly working well. Just cant believe i didn't think of that before. Cheers again 🤙.
20240802_141059.jpg

Cheers both. I was looking into m7 screws and re tapping etc early this morning. @ozziedog you mentioned a rivet nut and i thought ohhh hang on a min i have a pack left over from when i was attaching my roof bellows to my new Dormy canvas a few years ago. Well this afternoon i tried one and it only worked. I had to sand the top a bit to make it turn fully but its not going to come out again and its mostly working well. Just cant believe i didn't think of that before. Cheers again 🤙.
View attachment 8945

There you are then. Let’s hope it’ll hang there for a good while.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Should do. :)

There you are then. Let’s hope it’ll hang there for a good while.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Should do. :)
I hope so too Ozzie. There's no getting it out I've tested it and its definitely there for a good number of years to come and firmly in too.. I think 🤔😕 ha. 🤙.

Latest posts