Sliding Door troubles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dudes!

Need to know how to or if i can adjust my sliding door height??

My door seems to have dropped about 0.5 - 1cm on the right hand side of the sliding door, causing it to foul on the entrance sill to the van :( I cant see any reason for this.

Do you know what adjustments i can make, or do you think the U has become slightly bent and needs replacing?

Any other ideas greatly welcomed :D

havent we done this before bigboy?

if you look at the back of the sliding door on the inside you will see 2 10mm bolts, there are also 2 outside by the sliding hinge mech, slacken them off and lift the door then tighten them again. you may also need to tweek the alloy runner at the bottom front and the metal one at the front top.
the other thing it could be is the nylon slider on the middle hinge. they wear and allow the door to drop but they are easy to get new from somewhere like C+C or status for around £8. you will need to remove the sliding hinge to replace so give yourself half a day at least.
Hope this helps ya :wink:

cheers dude, have done as much adjusting as I can as ^^^^ but just wondered what else could be adjusted. Looks like its a combination of things (new U and slider needed :roll: )will get on the case ASAP.

Nice one dudeville :wink:

Latest posts