Sliding Window - Centre RHS/LHS Opinions Please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaven

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can I get some personal opinions on the Sliding Window Kits, what brands are best etc etc.

It's going into a 71 Deluxe so it may look a little out of place. :?

I like the fresh air so fixed is out... plus my rear LHS/RHS are already fixed.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Cheers Matty

Id fit factory quarteight windows into a deluxe ... ventilation and standard appearance. Perfect!

Clem said:
Id fit factory quarteight windows into a deluxe ... ventilation and standard appearance. Perfect!

I know ;)
Clem you don't have a very good to mint set for me do you? :)

I've got one of the 'genuine' VW ones from VWH.

I'm pretty pleased with it with the exception of the black plastic 'handle' used to open and close it as this, in my view, spoils the look of the window.

I had some fitted last year and i much prefer them. Is easy to get a good breeze blowing through the van in the summer compared to the old Quarterlights. Mine came from Heritage as well.

shaven said:
Clem said:

I know ;)

Sorry I don't :(

Plenty on The Samba etc though?

Clem said:
shaven said:
Clem said:

I know ;)

Sorry I don't :(

Plenty on The Samba etc though?

yeah most are rusted or want your right kindy on the price as well... might be Heritage sliders.

Same as Sausage ;)

If you want easy to fit fresh air, sliders, if you want cool but PIA OEM, qrtrs. I was going to fit qrtrs, but having spent ages refurbing, fitting WCM rubbers, they were a PIA to fit, so I went for solid windows - not fussed about fresh air as i have a slider.
Chris at VW Emporium in New Malden had OEM sliders in stock. http://www.volkswagenemporium.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neilswheels said:
If you want easy to fit fresh air, sliders, if you want cool but PIA OEM, qrtrs. I was going to fit qrtrs, but having spent ages refurbing, fitting WCM rubbers, they were a PIA to fit, so I went for solid windows - not fussed about fresh air as i have a slider.
Chris at VW Emporium in New Malden had OEM sliders in stock. http://www.volkswagenemporium.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers Neil,

Sent you PM about our little deal ;)
Let me know so I can get them here :p

Thanks Matty

Latest posts