smoke

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robins

Reaction score
lots of it yesterday after going out getting fuel 4 mile trip
stopped to talk to a mate as i started it back up the smoke filled the road :roll:
any ideas

robins said:
stopped to talk to a mate as i started it back up the smoke filled the road :roll:
any ideas

:( Was it oily smoke Rich? May well be oil from rocker cover gaskets dripping onto the heat exchangers???? Sounds like oil on the exhaust from wherever?

Alistair

robins said:
any ideas

Get a convertable like mine and then it won`t matter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon you got a little drip that`s got down into your heat exchangers and collected there but it still needed to get pretty hot to burn off, not sure what the best thing to do is, but I remember a year or two ago, there was a T25 on fire but it was in his heat exchangers and was a real swine to put out.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But that`s my best guess unless you was real clumsy when topping up ;)

aogrady said:
:( Was it oily smoke Rich? May well be oil from rocker cover gaskets dripping onto the heat exchangers???? Sounds like oil on the exhaust from wherever?

Alistair

not from dripping,out of the exhaust,sorry and it was a lot :roll:

ozziedog said:
Get a convertable like mine and then it won`t matter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon you got a little drip that`s got down into your heat exchangers and collected there but it still needed to get pretty hot to burn off, not sure what the best thing to do is, but I remember a year or two ago, there was a T25 on fire but it was in his heat exchangers and was a real swine to put out.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But that`s my best guess unless you was real clumsy when topping up ;)

ozzie :lol: :lol: and it fills like its holding back when driving it, :evil: i have just about had enought with it

Latest posts