So the bell tents gone .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
Sold the bell tent tonight

Love them , it's our second bell tent. Wonted a change !

What u peps recommend for my 69 westy?

I did used to like my old coleman event shelter ??? , I see they do a delux

Vintage awning!!.,
See Maddison's collection in the "post your drive away awnings" thread, got to be something there that floats your boat!!??!

Khyam, all the way..... had a mare of a show Two years back at vanwest, blowing a hooley, lashing with rain, parked against the hedge away from the beach, as learned that One the year afore.... retro-awning gave in along with the Devon roof.....said to the boss, going to have a look at what is still standing after that and get us One, Khyam.....and I can have the blighter up by the time she gets back from the bog and the first beer is open !

We've got a kyham sleeper, or something like that - they do seem to be popular, which is one of the reasons why we got ours - and I'd agree with trinket, they are quick and easy to put up, and take down.

I don't think they're that spacious though, not when there's four of us - admittedly not helped by two teenagers and a wife who want to take everything, just in case. The footprint is fine, but the sides are all sloping, so usable space is not so much. And the water drips in through the door when you want to get out!

I think the more traditional styles are probably more practical

We have a vintage awning but it takes a little while to get it all set up right. I've been tempted by an inflatable one, looks so much easier! Just not sure how well it would stand up in high winds

We are ment to b camping next weekend again if the weathers ok.
The wife is stressing as I've not sorted anything out yet lol.

We used to have a coleman event shelter and it was awesome !

I see they now do a deulux version , I'm wondering if that would b quite good.

A massive dry , waterproof space , quick to put up ( 15-20 min ) walls and ground sheet if u won't ???

Anyone had any experience with the dulux model ?

Air beam is the way to go, rock solid and easy to put up on you own 8)

It got a bit windy at whitenoise and didnt budge ;)

Molbyj said:
Air beam is the way to go, rock solid and easy to put up on you own 8)

It got a bit windy at whitenoise and didnt budge ;)

Vango Kela air beam for me too, no poles to bend or break if it's really windy, the air beam will just deflect

Cheers,

Alistair

Latest posts