Sold my bus , mixed feelings

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
So my bus sold today
Went to a lovely chap who lives in south France Spanish French border.
He flew into gatwick airport this morn with a friend drove upto east anglia this afternoon
Within the hour he'd paid and was on his way.
Getting the ferry across the water tonight then make the long journey home.
He should b fine my bus never missed a beat !

I have really mixed feelings about letting it go :(
Anyone else ever sold a bus that u didn't wonna sell ?

shiplee123 said:
So my bus sold today
Went to a lovely chap who lives in south France Spanish French border.
He flew into gatwick airport this morn with a friend drove upto east anglia this afternoon
Within the hour he'd paid and was on his way.
Getting the ferry across the water tonight then make the long journey home.
He should b fine my bus never missed a beat !

I have really mixed feelings about letting it go :(
Anyone else ever sold a bus that u didn't wonna sell ?

Chin up fella :mrgreen: you can now start the hunt for the westy now? 8)

Yep, should have kept my late bay(sorry, but you did ask)!!!

Scotlandholls084.jpg

And I think I gave up too easy on my splitty :?

160-2.jpg

Unless they all Re really that shit to drive :lol:

And my beetle was a canny little car too & my first Mk3 GTi.

So yeah I think we all regret selling them, until you get your new one :bliss: :bliss:

I'm sure I'll get over it
Just a bit of mourning going on here in the Shiplee house tonight lol
Love hunting for a bus tho
Yep westy here we come ;)

Bus hunting is the best bit!!
Apparently :?

I just walk to the bottom of the street here Michael tells me which one to buy next!! :?

I hate selling motors.. would keep them all if I could, sadly I'm going to be putting my Westy up for sale soon so I can get our split finished.. the bay was a stop gap and we have out grown it (tin top two kids) but I feel quite attached to it now (prefer this forum to the Split one too) and I think it will be hard to let go, but with buying a 64 bug during the week I can't be running three air-cools :lol: :lol:

know what you mean shiplee123, about selling bus you do not want to. i sold my first bus in 2011, and as soon as it was gone i wanted it back!!! bit of backround, my mother died in the january, and my son was born few days later in feb, so was not in right frame of mind at time. now i have another bus!!!! funnily enough i have same surname as you, though spelt ley, and i come from east anglia!!!

jason

I went through a stage of wanting to sell my bus BUT it is now finished so I just enjoy it. I've got so many great memorys in it and met so VERY good friends through owning it I could never bring myself to get rid of the old thing.

Girlfriends have come and gone but my bus has always been there :lol:

Hi matey. this is my first post in months after having to sell mine. it was heart breaking at the time but it was the right decision.I dont know what your circumstances are but I felt it would have been worse to keep the bus and it be a source of resentment.as it happens,it became the deposit for our house.

just view it as a new chapter. and think of the positive aspects of its sale.

cheers - Rob

My reason for sale was we are now expecting a third child so need a pop top. I never expected to sell the bus so spent a lot of money on it. What ever it needed I fitted it money no object ( the bus got all our money lol ) Decided to stop spending when we realised it had to go due to not enough space in a tin top.
Life moves on I'm sure we will look back at this and smile at the good times we had with it.

Mustard72
Strange you're from around here wiv similar name
There's a few lee's and ley's around here
Maybe we have distant relatives

hi shiplee123, what part of east anglia are you from?? i am from suffolk, but moved away when i was about 18. am 41 now(old!!!). have family in lowestoft and norwich, and i am big norwich city fan!!!! try and get up couple of times a year,and try and catch the odd match. know what you mean about a pop top. i have 3 children, all boys, eldest left home now, he is 20, and the other two are 9 and 2. my old van was danbury pop top, but my current van is converted tin top panel.

First time I've been back on since selling the bus in August. Like a lot of people it was the deposit for a new house. Still gutted. Glad it went to good home with Torsten all the way to Denmark, and we're in touch via his FB page as he strips it back down to restore. It's like keeping tabs on an ex girlfriend, and I don't know if I should be letting it go! A least I'll not bump into it at a show!

Latest posts