• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD!!! ultimate street bay for sale 16sec 1/4 !!!!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

two benders steve

Reaction score
Hi all it's a sad day but I think it's time for "phl" to find a new home :-( ... my family of SIX have out grown him !
He is a UK rhd 1969 danbury (I have most of the original interior) but have a hinged deluxe full width rear seat at the min.
"PHL" is pretty fast due to having a 2028cc stroker engine (built by 63rag top) and has run 16second 1/4s at santa pod ! I fitted wide 5 CSP drilled discs to help with stopping. I have new BRM's or vgc polished EMPI 5's.
Full flow oil/filter and remote fan assisted oil cooler
adjustable air shock on the rear
He does need a bit of tlc now , he was restored years ago and has a few bubbles here and there and could do with a new front inner panel. Here's a link to more pics http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17911&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AS for price how do I put a price on a bus when there are so many very silly prices being asked and got in some instances ! I'm going to ask £11,000 £6500 without engine, see where it takes me before I let the ebay crowd at it! Best to call 07944 971493 to discuss all the details of the van and obviously I would insist on it being viewed before being bought j13 m6 stafford
this is the most up to date pic
S2180002.jpg

IMG00180-20100411-1300.jpg

04042008192.jpg

16022008123.jpg

08022008116.jpg

PICT1531.jpg

PHILLSNEWBRAKESANDNIKKILOOKINGODD00.jpg

SOLD!

Looks a gorgeous bus. Wish I had more budget to be honest but you have to have something to aim toward. It seems you have had both - do you have a preference of tintop or poptop? Are there advantages & disadvantages to both. I am looking for a bus to share with my son. We have a family of 4/5 aged - 11,13 and my eldest who never wants to be seen with us is 20. Would a pop top be better for sleeping etc?

hi you'vr more space in a pop top but I think a tin top looks nicer , my bus has full width bed and a over front set hammock and we've been sleeping four on worries , I also have a tent/awning I could put into the deal . p.s I'd have no worries about selling the bus and keeping the FAT engine

now on on ebay for all the looneys to have a bid on !
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280893891052#ht_618wt_1139nies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to bid on

Hi , not at all this engine is LOUD and fast and not for all, and to be fair I'd rather keep the engine for my next VW whenever that happens as i couldn't honestly say I'd spend the kind of money a stroker engine costs nowadays again ! You could pick up a nice 1600cc for a few £££'s drop it in and away you go :)

Hi less than a day left , with 130 watches I wonder if there will be a last minute rush ? There seems to be a lot of vans not making the money the owners have hopped for recently.

O well there you go ! It only made £6200 ! But still, not the worst bus to have to keep !"

Hi all back on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280915943044?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_642wt_1270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

May be in touch this week - just sold ours and we're after a running project...

Please do this is a great British RHD bus it needs a few bit sorting but will be fantastic when they are done, Steve

Hi all, thanks for your interest I now have sale pending , best part is I get to keep my engine for the next bus !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts